Sorry...off subject

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry...off subject

Im sure a lot of you are into Ebay. A question for the sellers. Over the last week i have been trying to sell a couple of items on Ebay that they (ebay) have been removing my listing a couple days after the listing. saying that the items are in violation of their firearms, knives, weapons policy, can some one explain to me how this is if i have seen these exact same items listed and sold in searches. The items are as folows:
1: (FIXED POSITION) colapsable style buttstock for a bushmaster (M-16, AR-15 style) rifel. i know the actual colapsable ones are banned in CA but i have even seen them sell on Ebay.
2: An optics/accessory mount rail (weaver/picanty style) that mounts on the top or bottom of the hand gaurds of the same rifel as listed in item #1. and this item will only fit the models that long barel handgaurds, so its not even for the asult rifle.

Some people on Ebays comunitiy help section said that any item haveing anything to do with the AR-15 (AR "automatic rifle") is inviolation of their policy because most of these items are baned in CA. so i make sure i leave the termAR-15 out of the auctions.

and if any of you are intersted in either of these 2 items let me know. "cheap, cheap"

Any help getting these two items on the Ebay market would help. sorry to take everyones mind away from our beautifull machines.

"come on warm weather in PA

Old 03-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Default RE: Sorry...off subject

I have run into some issues before for selling some things. Ebay said they broke one of thier rules and I could not list them. They are pretty strict about things and won't move on it either. Your best bet is to try and sell them somewhere else. Best of luck, sorry I don't have a definit answer for you. I know it can be frustrating.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, that sounds like e-bay ... let the scammers run wild and make you fend for yourself but because CA is **** don't let peeps sell stuff that is legal in at least 45 other states. Makes sense to me ... what part is it you don't get[:@]

Old 03-25-2006, 03:21 PM

Or to rant more about Ebay I love how they raise thier fees, oh and then raise the Paypal(which they own) fees and hit you in the *** twice when you sell things. Plus if you use a description about a certian item and the company that makes that item doesn't like it they can take off your auction. I sold an amp a while ago, Rockford didn't like the description I used and I couldn't sell it.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:29 PM

You could try selling it on gunbroker.com. Its like ebay but or guns. you need a license to sell firearms but for parts and accessories(stocks, scoops, ect.) i don't think you do. A couple of years ago i bought a sword and a stock for one of my rifles on ebay with no troubles i guess things have changed.
later