So iv been lurking awhile.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So iv been lurking awhile.....

Never really had to post, the search option always answerd my questions.
I bought a 06 600rr summer of 05, I put alot of time and money into her since then.
Mainly all cosmetic, beside a 2 bros slipon. She was my baby, well still is. About 3 weeks ago a cager decided to pull right out infront of me going through town , 25 or 30 mph. I was able to not make contact with the truck, but i ran out of room and had to grab alot of front brake, so i laid her down.I was able to walk away with only a fractured foot, and I'm very thankful for that.Crappy thing is Insurance wants to total my bike. Its paid for, been garaged kept, never stunted..well takin care of. 9,994 miles very, very clean. Up untill now..Front,rear fairing damage,L.mirror,L footpeg,Subframe needs replaced..Tab were the headlight connects to the fairing is broke, This other part which im hopin you guys can help me out with, cause i dont know what its called, ill get pics up as soon as i figure out how to upload em. This doesnt seem like enough damage to me, to say goodbye to the bike.I know what this bike has been through, im the original owner, and there was no way i was going to let the insurance auction off my bike for a ridiculis price and have someone else make $ off it.So i got me alittle recovery project over the next month or so, I plan on Buying the bike back,doing the work myself, which will be a learning experience for me,and it will save hella $. ill have to go through the whole reconstructed title thing and all but whatever, ill keep the bike forever, and dont plan saleing it anyhow. I was looking at parts over at mrcycles.com. Anybody buy from them latly ? There prices among a few other stores online, were Waaaaaaaay cheaper than the stealership, even after the 10% off parts they offerd me. If everything works out i should have my bike back on the road by late summer, and still have a very good chunk of change left from the insurance check for a down payment on a new bike next year Ill get pics up soon of the bike and the one bracket that i dont know the name of!

Last edited by 600rider; 06-29-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Didnt mean to swear!!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Default My poor baby

Pictures

Attached Thumbnails So iv been lurking awhile.....-before.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-goodside.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-front.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-rear.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-whats-piece-called.jpg  

Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Default she needs some love

Broke peg, bent subframe

Attached Thumbnails So iv been lurking awhile.....-bentsubframe.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-peg.jpg  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 PM

OK from the pics this is what I can see that needs fixed. The piece behind your gauge cluster is your "fairing stay". You'll need a new mirror as well as the "upper fairing". I can't really see the side at all but personally I'd just get either the mrcycles fairing set or try CBRFairings.com. My bike has a set of the CBRfairings on it that were put on just before I bought it. As for the broken peg, just relace that with some nice new rearsets.

And how bent is the subframe?? Sometimes if it's just tweeked a little it won't make a huge deal and can be replaced off of Ebay eventually.

Good luck getting her put back together, and put some frame sliders on her so if it ever happens again they'll take the brunt of it and hopefully save you some repair work.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM

I have 3 fairings that are damagedon the left side, the rest are good.
Im having trouble deciding if i should buy the 3 pieces i need, Separate for $907 shipping included. Or completly change all the fairings to a diff. color with a set from cbrfairings.com for $599 shipping included. Negatives about the cheaper fairings are fitment issues, and cheaper plastic.But Positive being price and the bike would look completly diffrent color than stock.Buying seperate OEM pieces will cost me more, but be easier to assemble, and prolly hold up longer. Keep in mind the subframe looks pretty bent, and im going to go the safe route and just replace it also + $579, and Left step +$37 Fairing stay bracket + $45. I got a mirror laying around allready. Im trying to spend least as possible. But do you guys think its worth the xtra $300 for only 3 oem pieces..vs a complete cheap fairing set ? Decisions.......Any ideas ?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM

The CBRfairings.com are a pretty damn good fit. There were a couple of holes that I had to drill out just a hair to get the perfect fitment I'm kinda **** retentavly known for...LOL And the quality of the pieces is very good, I would say damn near as good as the OEM. In fact most people I ride with don't even realize they are not OEM. But that's just my 2cents.

To give you an idea of what I got here are some before and after pics for you.

The after pics were before I put the flush mount blinkers in.

Attached Thumbnails So iv been lurking awhile.....-beforebike1.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-beforebike.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-beforebike2.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-dsc00082.jpg   So iv been lurking awhile.....-dsc00084.jpg  

Last edited by ID_CBRRider; 07-01-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 PM

You can repair the bike for about 1000.00 with no problem. Check my album I went tru mine and bought all my stuff tru ebay and ronayers.com. Johnnyh

Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 AM

Cool. Thanks for the pics , Both your bikes look great!

+2 on cbrfairings.com

I think im gonna just grab a full set from them and switch the color up.

Any heat issues? Do you think the fairings are alil thinner than OEM?

I know some on here were having some heat problems with aftermarket , that was another worrie i had. Also have you noticed if they scratch easily ?

I'll get some pics up when i get started on her

My foots still jacked up, so i wont be ridin for alil anyhow.....Bummer