New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

well i guess i should stop lurking

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well i guess i should stop lurking

And introduce myself!

I am Levi and i live in seattle WA wtih my fiancee, whom is looking for a bike

HELLO WORLD!

ive been riding for about 15 months, and i had sadlly owened two honda's, sad only because i totaled my first a month ago after 8kmiles *sigh*

my '04 F4I shall be missed dearly!!!

but not to worry honda fans, as i picked up a not so shiney used '03 600RR ,has some light cosmetic damage and some bolt ons. (pics in the 600rr pics thread)

as for my riding, i love the corners, and if it wasnt for the fact i do alot of two upping in a rather hilly bit of metro, id have gotten something smaller.

so i just wanted to stop in and say HI to to the rest of the members

-Levi

Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: well i guess i should stop lurking

Welcome to the Forum, Levi !
I hope your new bike gives you as much pleasure as your old one.
As you've been 'lurking' for a while, you probably know where to find things by now.
Enjoy yourself !

Old 12-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Banned

Welcome to CBRF Levi!! Thanks for coming out of the shadows and exposing yourself... ummmm.... well... you know what I mean. I wasgetting tired ofthat feeling that someone was looking over my shoulder...lol.

Sorry tohear about the lossof your F4i, but you are still here aren't you, and hopefully you'll enjoy your 600RR just as much.

Have fun in here and take care"out there". See you around...

Old 12-08-2008, 04:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy the new bike, and welcome.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums Levi!! :-)

If you love the corners and dont already consciously counter steer then read this post and practise plenty, then you should love the corners even more and be safer as well!! :-)

https://cbrforum.com/m_520088/tm.htm

Jules

Old 12-09-2008, 10:05 PM

well what can i say, even in the dead of winter there are plenty of helpfully, nice peeps around!

while i must say im not an expert i guess i should say i know more then the average noob

Thank you for the counter steering article, i appreciate your willingness to help me learn and make me a better rider! luckily i know about counter steering. its what makes the corners so much fun!

like wise, i appreciate your guys links on forums, ill admit i wish i had those for the first forum i joined!!! would have saved some stress!

After my wreck i have a pretty good fear of leaning the bike over or flicking it in, even though i know the bike can do it (so long as im not on painted lines or reflectors etc..) what might a good way to rebuild my confidence level? parking lot? some good empty curvey roads? track? :P

and arent we all lazy on the internet?

new

*note i ride like a noob after my wreck, HUDGE chicken strips!*
old

*note this picture was after riding that road for the first time so the chicken strips are kinda big!*

As for Me.... im 19, turning 20 Xmas this year, engaged to my fiancée, weve been together for 3+ years now, im going to school at a community college in Seattle WA but grew up in the middle of nowhere with the best roads in the state! the fiancée is going to the University of Washington, and grew up in the same small town, and just got her first bike, shes waiting on her permit and for me to fix a clogged fuel filter, its a ninja250.

thats about all i can think of

thanks for the warm welcome!

-Levi

Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 AM

19, going on 20 Huh.......I'm 99, going on 100 ![X(]
Firstly - the chicken strips.
Don't be ashamed of them - when you fall, everyone reacts the same way, to try to stay upright.
Track time is good, because it shows you the limits you have, and those of your bike...(my bike will do more than I will) Other people on the track will have similar bikes, and you'll be able to follow them around, without worrying about soccer moms on cellphones, little old guys in hats in Priuses, or other road obstacles ! You'll soon lose the chicken strips - just give yourself some time.
You may get something out of this - I did, and I've been on two wheels 43 years now !
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ho...ays/index.html
Enjoy !

Old 12-10-2008, 01:43 AM

I have smaller chicken strips on my FRONT tyres than you have on the BACK, Classic !
Ummmmarrrrrrrrr
avagoyumug !

Quick Reply: well i guess i should stop lurking