Bike is going into the shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike is going into the shop

So I am pretty new here, I have been around but not really posting anything. I have a 2005 600RR that will be going into the shop soon to get some new parts put on. Currently the bike only has a Yoshi carbon RS5 slip on. I am adding a K&N filter, RK chain ans sprocket -1/+2, PCIII, speedohealer, oil change and some new tires. I am hoping that I will be happier with the performance and power of these add ons. I would love to hear what anyone who has this basic set up thinks and any other parts that people recomend.

Here is a pic of the bike as it sits right now. Nothing really special other than the powdercoated swingarm.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be a night and day difference when you get it back. With the mod's your adding.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:17 AM

Also going on will be a set of HID's from ddmtuning, pazzo shorty levers, puig windscreen, gpr stabalizer. and trying to find a set of headers to match up with the slip on. I am currently in Iraq for the second time and all this work will be getting done at once right before I come home for R&R leave in October. I can't wait to see and ride my bike when I get back it's gonna be great!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:31 PM

Make sure you have them run it on the dyno, and create a CUSTOM map for your PCIII, or you'll just be shooting yourself in the foot. If they don't have a dyno, then they have no business offering PC installs in the first place.

And most importantly: make sure you post a pic of your before and after dyno readouts here for bragging rights.!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 PM

I think you will have to go with arrow headers, or else sell the slip-on to get a full exhaust.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tacoma25
I think you will have to go with arrow headers, or else sell the slip-on to get a full exhaust.

Fact. Slip-ons are a waste of money. Get the rest of your exhaust system, and you'll LOVE it. Yosh exhausts sound like Nascar cars.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:00 AM

The shop that is doing the work is an authorized Power Commander dealer with a full dyno so they will be doing a custom map for it. I will try and get the dyno slips for before and after but I am in Iraq and my father is dropping the bike off to have the work completed.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:23 PM

ok so i have 06 cbr 600rr with hotbodies mtot gp slip on, k@n filter , power commander , -1 +2 sunstar aluminum sprockets , 520 rk gold x ring chain , speedo healer, and velocity stacks. i had a professional tune done on dyno and got a over 10 hp increase and 8 fpt. first thing you will notice is that the bike is sick! i mean no lag it just pulls through all rpms and will power wheelie in first and second real easy. another thing top speed is 152. wich you is plenty i would say . i want more but ill be happy with that. the bike will pull to 152 and just bounce of the rev limiter. also you will have to practice good throttle control in the turns no cuz you will have way more power at hand. also i like how the gearing is much better now i can leaver the bike in gear on most the roads i hit instead of having to switch so much. have fun . and let me tell you , you wont be let down

Old 07-02-2010, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
first thing you will notice is that the bike is sick! i mean no lag it just pulls through all rpms and will power wheelie in first and second real easy
This is the result of proper dyno tuning. If you get your bike back and it does not feel exactly like this, hand it right back to them and tell them they didn't tune it properly. A lot of crap shops will half-*** the dyno cuz it takes too long to make custom maps on.