Removing lowering kit and some other ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing lowering kit and some other ?'s

Alright first off you will all have to bare with me this will be my first bike doing any real work on myself. My first bike was an 87' 600 hurricane that I really just used to learn on. Anyways I just bought my new bike an 05 600RR whoever owned it before me had put a lot of aftermarket parts already on it and most I like but there are a couple I was looking to change. It has the full micron exhaust dont really know if thats the best set for the bike but just curious for input. Next it has been lowered and being as I am about 6'3 I was really looking to put it back at stock, plus I live in a trailer court where im gonna tear up the bottom guard everyday I drive it. So if anyone can inform me do I have to get the correct suspension to put it back to stock or do I just have to loosen the shocks or something..? Sorry really not to sure what I am doing but I like to do things myself if someone points me in the right direction. Few other things I want to take care of as well but I'll take it a few steps at a time. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Removing lowering kit and some other ?'s

Hey how's it goin? For exhaust I would recommend leo vince or acroprovik, I've heard from quite a few people that these two are the best for the honda's, but it really comes down to personal prefrence...like looks, and sound! As for raising the bike back to stock height you should only have to replace the lowering link's under the rear shock, this takes about an hour and is fairly simple to do! I'm not sure if the front is lowered or not??? If it is then you'll have to loosen your triple tree clamps and push your front forks back down so the top's of them sit flush or about a quarter inch above the top triple tree clamp, thats if they lowered it by pushing the forks up through the triple tree! Hope this help's! If you have any more Q's hit me up and I'll try to give as much help as I can.