oil problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil problem please help

ok so i just did my very first oil change on a 2007 honda cbr 600rr. I took my time and took off the lower fairing. This was a pain in the a** since the previous owner installed LED's inside the lower fairing using double sided tape to secure them. I will NEVER want to have to take these lower fairings off again. I have heard that many people who own 07RR can do an oil change with the fairings on. How is this possible is my first question?? By looking at the drain plug and fairings the clearance between the two doesnt look good. It looks like if I do it with the fairings on the oil will jump onto the lower fairing. Will this happen???? or will i be fine??? Also the oil filter, how the hell will i get it off with the fairings on??? That little hole doesnt look like its enough space or is it?? PLease keep in mind i have a OEM honda filter and used a oil filter cup wrench thingy to remove it today. Then I replaced it with a new Honda OEM filter today and i didnt hand tighten it, i torqued it pretty good with a socket wrench. Is it easy to stick the oil filter wrench and cup thingy to angle it to get it off with ease?? Any one here changed their oil with the fairings on??? If so how did you do it??? Thanks soo much I really would appreciate some advice and answers so confused and exhausted right now.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Default RE: oil problem please help

Well... I have an 04. I can't imagine that it would be that incredibly different. My biggest problem was going in and trying to yank the oil filter 10 minutes after i got home from work on it and melting a chunk of my thumb on the header... don't do that. But eh.. oil on the fairings.. no harm. I guess the hardest part is getting the oil filter in/out and you can usually slip it between the midpipes and up into position. I haven't had my fairings off at all yet.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Default RE: oil problem please help

I know i definetely might have a problem i try it with the fairings on next time. Anyone on the forum with a 07/08RR do oil changes with the fairings on?? and how easy/ difficult is it??