my cbr600rr, suddenly made trouble. rear light turn on but front not working.no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my cbr600rr, suddenly made trouble. rear light turn on but front not working.no start

Hello, I have 05 cbr600rr. and I left my bike for 2 weeks. I tried turn on my bike, but didn't work.
I battery changed 3 months ago. I checked fuse, but I think there are no problem to this part.
My specific status is.....

Please, help me..... I will wait your wisdom to solve this problem.
Best regards

Old 07-03-2019, 12:27 PM

Batteries for these bikes don't like to sit that long without running or charging. They go bad fast. May need to do a deep charge on battery with a good battery charger and see if that helps. Two weeks is a long time not to be on a trickle charger of running to charge the battery.

I would start with a good deep charge on batter first.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Default Battery problem

First, I really appreciate your reply.
Yesterday I did jump start with other motorcycle, but didn't work.
I mean, is there possibility to work well after I charge the battery with charger?

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Originally Posted by scottscar54
Batteries for these bikes don't like to sit that long without running or charging. They go bad fast. May need to do a deep charge on battery with a good battery charger and see if that helps. Two weeks is a long time not to be on a trickle charger of running to charge the battery.

I would start with a good deep charge on batter first.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:47 PM

If you feel for sure your battery is good and you tried to jump with a car and still no go, looking at the lights on your dash as you try to startup they look fairly normal to me.... maybe an issue with your antitheft system? The HISS? Have seen many bikes with issues with that but that can be tricky troubleshooting.

I would also do a continuity check on each fuse just to double check, can't hurt.

Also, when you hit the start button, what actually happens? Nothing at all? or any clicking?

Could be a number of things if for sure battery and all fuses are good. Few things that tend to go bad without warning ..... Neutral switch, sidestand switch, kill switch connections. Start with the easiest things (fuses and switches) and hopefully it is one of them.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:54 AM
Default Kill switch connection

Hello. Thanks for your reply again.

I tried to find kill switch line, I couldn't find where it is.

Could you let me know where it is.....?

Best regards.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:05 AM

The kill switch is the red switch you flip to let the bike start or flip off to shut it off - located on right handlebar. It has two wires and they are soldered on. I recently had to repair a bike that had a wire break the solder ... was an older CBR900RR ... soldered the wire back onto it's contact point, reinforced the other, and good as new.

That is just one of 3 switches that can cause problems. The other two are the sidestand switch and the neutral switch.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headlight and dash light problem along with the no start makes me think the kill switch assembly is the problem. I went through the same thing on my 06 600RR. I went ahead and just replaced mine, but it seems people also have luck re-soldering the wires.

The side stand switch and neutral switch would not give you a headlight issue if they are bad, the the kill switch definitely will.

Last edited by shawn809; 07-05-2019 at 06:06 PM.