Looking at a 07/08 600rr opinions wanted

Old 05-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a 07/08 600rr opinions wanted

I have had my f4i for a little over a year now and due to some circumstances with vandalism am considering getting a 07 or 08 600rr. I love my F4i its got plenty of power is relatively comfortable and looks great. Its also my bike so there is bias there and i ride it almost everyday so am used to it. My buddy has a 05 600rr and is a bit smoother than mine but also less comfortable of a riding position. Power is about the same. My other buddy i ride with often has a 04 r6. Seems considerably more torquey and twitchy even more so since he changed the gearing 2 weeks ago. F4i is still more comfortable to me. However i have let both of them ride my bike and they didnt like the position of mine. We are all young (20's) so figure we can get used to whatever is thrown our way.

I have heard the 07rr is more comfortable than the previous models and more similar to the f4i. I primarily commute to class and work but like to ride hard and seek out fun twisties on the weekends. I also would like to do a track day or two a year. I know every bike rides a bit differently than the last and my f4i is partly comfortable and easy to ride for me because if ridden it everday for the last year and know it very well. Even on my friends 05 which felt pretty similar to mine i wasnt comfortable pushing it. One because its not my bike and wrecking someone elses is a big no no and just because it felt different and wasnt entirely used to it. I have only ridden it about a half dozen times.

Ideally i would like to find someone with an 07/08 i could borrow for a day or at least take it for a test drive but isnt always the easiest thing to make happen. If anyone knows about testing one out at a dealership and how that would work i would be interested in doing that. ( I am endorsed) More so to people that have owned or ridden both what are your thoughts on making the switch? On a side note i have also considered getting a 1000 because i have heard there better for everyday riding but due to an increase in price and insurance probably wont happen.

As for my riding experience i grew up messing with gopeds and dirtbikes. Turned 18 got a beater katana 600 spent a half hour in the parking lot and was good to go. Couple months later crashed it being an 18 yearold jackass sold it off and bought the same bike but in much better shape and then moved up to the f4i the follwing year. I put about 2k on the first kat 8k on the second and the f4i have put about 8k on as well. I use my bikes to go everywhere i love to ride and usually dont have to go very far. Farthest i ever really go is from Columbus Ohio to Cincinnati Ohio which is about a 2 hour drive on 71 and is infrequent. I would consider myself a good rider but you wont see me dragging my knee (yet at least). Can hit my pegs though!

Thanks cbrf all input is appreciated

Also with the 07/08 what color scheme you guys like? Im stuck between the white and silver or the red and black!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:09 PM

I have a 07 and i love it. My scheme is the black and gunmetal grey. It does ride comfortably but u will want to get a new seat. Im about to do some mods to it this winter and the seat is one of them. So good luck with everything man.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I had a 01 F4i and currently own a 07 600RR. The RR is all around a better bike. The F4i had more low end torque but the RR has more top end. Everything on the RR is so much smoother. The RR is a different riding position than the F4i but I would say it is just as comfortable. My only regret is not making the move to the RR sooner. As for the color scheme the white/silver is my favorite but they just aren't here in Chicago so I went with my second favorite black/silver and I got a steal of a deal on it. Go with a RR!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I had a 01 F4i and currently own a 07 600RR. The RR is all around a better bike. The F4i had more low end torque but the RR has more top end. Everything on the RR is so much smoother. The RR is a different riding position than the F4i but I would say it is just as comfortable. My only regret is not making the move to the RR sooner. As for the color scheme the white/silver is my favorite but they just aren't here in Chicago so I went with my second favorite black/silver and I got a steal of a deal on it. Go with a RR!
awesome thanks just what i was looking for!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Street riding I'll never give up my F4i. Track riding I'll never go back to the F4i, I can run circles around it with my RR.