Jeep Girl + Motorcycle = Something Different?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Girl + Motorcycle = Something Different?

I am interested in getting a bike. Ive always wanted one and I think I found the one I want.
I wanted to know, is there anything bad that you can think of about the cbr 600rr?
I know everything has its good and bad side.
Being a Jeep owner, I really understand this, my pocket is empty a lot of the time. lol
Which is fine with me, I have fun and love my Jeep.

From what I read about these bikes on the forum, they are awesome.
I was just wondering if anyone has any huge problems...etc.

I read also that this is a good first bike. Im really interested in learning more.
Is there any sites that give you more infoon the bike andabout riding safe and ways to work on the bike?
Sorry if these questions seem stupid. haha I just want to learn before I jump into something new.

Im really excited about this, I have the bike I want picked out, the gear I want..etc.
I actually didnt sleep lastnight after finding the one I want.

-Jeep girl

This is one of the ones I fell in love with.

Name:  dddddddd007-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  135.5 KB

Name:  hot.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  78.0 KB
I like this one too!

Name:  DSCN3136.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  96.9 KB
My baby ^..The one that gets all my money right now. : )

Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Default RE: Jeep Girl + Motorcycle = Something Different?

Oh wow,I didnt realize the thread under me.
Sorry.
Where can I find some books on fiixing a bike.
And im still curious about issues with the bike, If there is any.
Sorry again, blonde moment!

Old 11-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Is that bottom one a 954?!?!?!? Holy cow! Stay away from that. It's too much bike and you'll hurt yourself. Get something older/cheaper to start/learn because you are going to drop and make mistakes that those two bikes will not be as forgiving to.. Those are both really nice but you shouldn't do either one starting out. Get an old Ninja 500 or the new Ninja 250 (which actually looks really good) and learn. MSF.org has safety class info (you should take the classes). This shouldn't be your last bike and you can always sell and upgrade.

We put this little thread together to share information about riding:

https://cbrforum.com/m_360824/mpage_.../tm.htm#360824

Welcome.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:54 PM

Well thanks for that. Im going to go check the Ninjas out.
I am planning on taking a class.
People in this area are really bad drivers.
I know they have it everywhere but, I wont even drive my Jeep at lunch time or after work it is soo bad.
I just want to be prepared.

I am in love with that bike though.
I might see if I know someone who has a ninja and ask them if I can ride it around for a while to learn.

What about falling? That is my thing..
Is it all about the driver or do things happen like hitting a bump or a rough road..
Im not sure. Im curious. I dont want to make anyone think bad things, I just want to understand more.
The way I started thinking about it lastnight is like everyone who sees someone with a Jeep thinks they are going to flip or worse.
But I find Jeeps more safe then cars?

Is it like that for bikes too, its all about the driver?

Sorry for all of the questions, im just curious.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:31 PM

I don't know how tall you are but make sure you can fit the bikes. I do believe sportbiking is all about the rider and their inputs... Obviously you don't want to take a bike in the mud or snow like your jeep, but most things that cause a drop are avoidable. You don't just fall over for no reason if that is what you are asking.

Get some decent gear, i'd suggest leather jacket gloves helmet at the minimum. If you fall it will help aslong as your not going too fast and hit something. You can't be scared of traffic on a sportsbike though. Hope your ready to get over that !! I mean that like i'm afraid of bad drivers, but it can't make you not want to ride. There is no cruise control or cup holders, radio or heat on these things, all your attention is on what your doing. How you ride depends on who you are.

You could also go to a bookstore and get a book or two about riding sportsbikes. Twist of the wrist series is good, there are a few others that are well worth the read too.

ps. Don't get the 954 ! The newer 600rr's are almost as fast.. if you have never ridden one of these, they do 80mph in 1st gear, 3 or 4 seconds, they are no joke for a beginner bike!!! I don't want to scare you away but you should know what your getting into lol. Oh and they come to a stop just as fast as they accelerate. You haven't felt good brakes till you grab a handful of fronts.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:49 PM

where in louisiana?

Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

yea, I found out about all that stuff when I took the MSF course. I started on a Honda CB750 1975. 500 pounds of pure bulky-ness. gas was sloshing around in the tank, throttle was questionable, and you had to warm it up for 15 min on a hot day, constantly adjusting the choke, getting axphixiated by all the black smoke. wondering why it would rev to 12000 just cuz... Good times. Rode that mammajamma for a year..didnt drop it. Then I $$ a 03 600RR. what a change. Everything is touchy. Brakes, throttle, handling, obviously a different beast..I stalled about 12 times the 1st time out. put it in the garage for a week..now that Ive been riding that mamma for a year, im totally comfortable with it. But if it wasnt for MSF, id be skooshed on the pavement somewheres. So moral of the story, start on something forgiving ( older ), take the course..and dont be a douche. Not in that order, but the course is soooo what you want to do first.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:35 PM

Lafayette.
Hey now thats a nice bike!!

Well that stuff is real good advice. I just want to be smart about it. I want to jump in with the right attitude.
I know you cant take it offroad. thats what my baby is for , offroad and on road.
The bike would be strickly road.
I think I might go grab that book.
I just want to make sure that when I jump into it, I am prepared for as much as I can be prepared for.

The thing about falling is I dont think im just going to fall, I just know roads are bad here and I didnt know if that would effect the riding.
Im sure it will make it bumpy, no doubt.
As far as gear, I plan to be decked out. haha I dont want to take a chance.

I guess im going to have to ride for a while and get used to the gears and brakes.
My friends ride. I gues im going to have to get them to start riding more so I can go!
haha
Hopefully we can go take the class soon and I can get hands on.
: )

Old 11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Banned

o hells yea...and if you do, take the opportunity to go to the track, talk to people there also..just hang out, check the whats what..and get some lap time in..not right away of course, but for me, im looking at getting into racing, and a friend used to race pro, and he tells me that just going and talking to people is an excellent idea, even if its just to ask..whats 600cc stand for..go gettem tiger!

Old 11-25-2007, 03:52 PM

Yeah...just be smart about everything. So far, it seems like you are.

Anywho, sooo, more about this Jeep? I have a '92 XJ that I'm going to make into a trail/mud runner. Being that I can't ride during the Winter, I figure that I can have fun with the Jeep all year round, so that'll be my Winter toy. As of now I have a CTS and my Jeep. When I'm driving the Jeep people can't believe that I'd have something like that being that I own a CTS and a CBR...they just don't understand do they?! Jeepin' is addicting.

Quick Reply: Jeep Girl + Motorcycle = Something Different?