I got clipped :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C1B1R
I was in front of a group of traffic at a light and the light turned green. I started going and the car behind me thought SHE could somehow pass me in the same lane. I looked over for a split second as she was coming up from behind me, lifted my foot from the peg, and her wheel took off the peg.

She told the cops I hit her.

For some reason, both FEMALE cops believed her.

Sorry, I'm not sexist or anything, but very hard for me to understand how someone could believe I hit a car on my bike like that...
haha, wow, that sucks. sorry to hear that man. that's total BS, her insurance should fix that. no other damage or scratches?? at least you still have your foot...

Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 PM

My 95 left peg looks exactly the same let me know how easy it is to replace I'm not quite there but its on my todo

Old 05-30-2011, 10:49 PM

Any idea if 07+ will fit on my 06? If so, I'll just order some new billet ones on eBay.
These pegs are pretty much all the same size. I'd be very surprised if they didn't, but check first.

Here's a bunch, these are for ALL four pegs:

Footpeg Set - Honda CBR 600RR 03-06 - Silver Pegs | eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...Q5fAccessories

03-06 Honda CBR 600RR Front Peg Foot Pegs Set 600 RR | eBay

03-06 Honda CBR 600RR Peg Set Foot Pegs 600 RR Blue | eBay

I'd be willing to bet that any of those sets would fit on my 99 F4 too...they're typically a standard size, even across manufacturers. For instance, the pegs on my Buell will fit the F4, believe it or not.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in front of a group of traffic at a light and the light turned green. I started going and the car behind me thought SHE could somehow pass me in the same lane. I looked over for a split second as she was coming up from behind me, lifted my foot from the peg, and her wheel took off the peg.

Sorry, I'm not sexist or anything, but very hard for me to understand how someone could believe I hit a car on my bike like that...
No one behind you stopped after that to say she hit you? Any cameras in the area? Id be so pissed about this i would be doing everything to prove she was guilty.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good forensic analysis or even just looking at the break should be able to determine if the impact was from the rear of the foot pegs or the front.
if it was from the rear then wow! you must have been traveling in reverse really fast..doh! I reckon you can get the case reviewed.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by horse_power777
I reckon you can get the case reviewed.
I dunno. Depending on where he lives people may hate bikers.

I got into a accident in Georgetown, TX when i was 18. I pulled over for a fire truck and right behind the fire truck was some guy in a S-10. He clipped my driver side quarter panel and my bumper was bent in a outward L and you could see where it dragged across his passenger side.

The cop came and said i was at fault for not pulling over far enough. No ticket but he since i was at fault it was on my insurance. I tried fighting it but was leaving for the military so i said F it. About a year later that PD was under investigation for being cruel to minors.(aka giving alot of tickets when they werent in the wrong).

Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
August 2011 ROTM

In our state, police doesn't determine who is at fault. That's insurance company's job