Is a honda cbr 600rr a good starter bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a honda cbr 600rr a good starter bike?

Hello everyone im new just signed up im wondering is a honda cbr 600rr bike a good starter bike i should be getting my license in a couple of weeks im just curious if its a good starter bike or should i start with something smaller less powerful im 6'2" 210pds? any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM

the best bet is to get used to riding on the cheapest option available (dirtbike, old streetbike, etc) just to get the motions down. Sportbikes today are so sensitive and touchy with the braking and throttle that it can get a little intimidating. Dirt bikes are the best way to learn if you have access to one, because they are made to crash and if you go down its alot better to go down in the dirt.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:16 PM

ok ive been on a dirtbike and ride it pretty well thank you for your fast reply...

Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM

It's a very nice bike, and a much better option than a liter bike. Just take it easy at first, get used to the power and practice braking in a parking lot. This is a bike that should keep you satisfied for years. I see no point in starting with a 250 that you'll outgrow in three months...

Old 07-06-2009, 05:14 PM

Yeah alot of guys have ZERO riding experience and get out there and really create a dangerous situation. as for the CBR they are great bikes, I have a 05 cbr600 and a cbr 929. I love my six hundred, and I love honda as a product. Im about the same size 6'3" 220lbs and some of the six hundreds can be a little cramped for us bigger guys (especially R6) but I like the ergonomics of the cbr. Especially if you get some adjustable rearsets you can really get it where you like it. It is plenty fast and feels light and nimble to ride. But yeah, get out in a big parking lot or country road to get the hang of it. Just don't be crazy and you'll be good shape = )

Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Default Another question

ok im gonna make the jump and get the cbr 600rr and ill becareful. another question i live in nyc and bike theft is a huge problem here so im wondering is there a good security to insure my bike doesnt get stolen i live apartment buliding and dont have access to a garage does any one have any advice please!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Best advice: Never forget your key in the bike! It seems obvious, and I sometimes forget this, and I NEVER leave my keys in any other vehicle.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Default re:

i never forget the keys in nyc if you forget your cell phone in lets say the post office you'll never see it again at all. is there some sort of security i can put on the bike so it will be there the next morning when i wake up? one more question i will be using the cbr600rr to work everyday and of course to show it off as it is a beautiful bike now during that intense useage will that put a strain on my back or neck being that ill be in the racing stance everyday?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

simple answer No!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM

a company called scorpio makes an alarm called the sri 900. It has two way capability and shows you (on a little remote) if the bike is being moved, tilted or started. It also has a shutoff or "anti hijack" function if someone gets your bike started.that works pretty well. also a big chain. Thats what i used to do

Quick Reply: Is a honda cbr 600rr a good starter bike?