Hmm, did I screw up my exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm, did I screw up my exhaust?

So I recently pulled the stock exhaust and put in a yoshimura. I did it by myself and although it took a couple hours, it wasnt that hard overall. (btw the "instructions" that came with the new exhaust were effing garbage)

Anyways so I get everything put back together and a few days later I notice the exhaust is slightly off center. Its not very noticible but im a perfectionist so I take off off the parts and try to adjust it...no joy. Its still just a bit off center...does anyone have any suggestions? Im not terribly handy but if it can be done short of bending the pipe to fit better i think I can manage it. I just dont know what im doing wrong. Ill post a pic tomorrow when my digital camera gets here. Thanks in advance.

PS: sorry if this is the wrong forum!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hmm, did I screw up my exhaust?

no mang...from what's going on everywhere, they all are sitting a bit crooked. but like wearing the hat sideways and one leg pant up...it's what's gangsta...at the moment at least.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:34 PM

Thats a bummer about the exhaust...

At least you didnt pour paint inside it.

By the way, is this the RS5? (I'm considering getting one)

Old 02-07-2006, 06:01 PM

I dont have any of the paperwork with me but im pretty darn sure it was the rs5. It really sucks that it sits off center because i LOVE the sound it makes. Nice and loud when you hit 7-8k and a decent rumble below that.

And let me clarify, it sits SLIGHTLY off center. 1/2 inch at most. So although its noticible its not a major issue and most ppl never see it. Still thought its irritating. I dont want to look "gangsta".

Old 02-07-2006, 06:08 PM

well thats not too bad. I think I still wanna get one. A lot of people seem to really like them. especially if you cant really notice it. But i know what you mean about bein a perfectionist

Old 02-07-2006, 06:43 PM

When in doubt, cut it with your sawsall.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:55 AM

I heard a lot of people have had problems with them not lining up perfect. Mine did a little after i installed it. Just take a little time and get the bracket just right, it should work out over time.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lilljoe...tell us about your paint inside exhaust experience...buahahhhahhah

Old 02-08-2006, 01:52 PM

nah, I was talkin about this guy[
internal link

quote]ORIGINAL: w_guza

i dont know if anyone has ever heard of doing this or not, i got this idea one day when i was washing my bike, i had gotten quite a bit of water in the pipe and ya know to blow it out i started the bike and cracked on it a couple of times, well it was really loud when the packings were wet, i guess the water sealed it up a little, so i got the idea to somehow find a way to seal the packing up permanently, so i went and got some extremely high temp paint and poured just a little through the pipe, dont pour too much in there, just like a cup full or so, depending on how loud you want your bike, i used a bout a cup and a half, not only did it seal up the packing for good, but its really loud and it has a very destinct sound that you will prolly never hear anywhere else, but definately has a nice tone. gimme a post on what ya think..
[/quote]

this was posted in here a few days ago I thought you might have noticed.