Got pulled over last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got pulled over last night

Glad to hear you got lucky.

I am not a lawyer, but have paid them quite well to get me off citations.

Here is what works:

When pulled over, the less said, the better. Nothing you will say will help you. Most cops will tell you that they have made the decision on whether or not to give you a ticket before they get out of their car.
Consult an attorney.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

PREACHERS BEWARE, DO NOT READ!!!!

Some cops are cool like that with riders. Ive been snagged on a few times by the po-lice, never got a ticket. On long island, because of the mortality rate and a few other horrible things, if you are going more then 100 they arent even allowed to put there lights on anymore. If clock you at <100 and get behind you, but you run on them, they cant even chase you. ....
I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice....

In states like Washington, that advice will result in the loss of your motorcycle, no questions asked. Many states have impound legislation as a consequence of wreckless driving.
In states like Oregon, that advice immediately puts you in jail with a suspended license. (30 mph over speed limit or anything over 100mph) (http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/news/nr_20051220_2.shtml)

They may not chase you, but their radio can.

.. not to mention that posting advice like this in a public forum could make you the target for a civil suit

Old 02-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Who cares about the radio it takes 30sec to get someones plate hahaha.

I usually talk my way out of a ticket and its worked a couple times.

Officer "Wheres your front plate?"
Me "Its at home officer, look at my front bumper would you put a plate on that?'
Officer "Alright just a warning have a nice day."

Btw i do believe most states won't chase a motorcycle, ive heard from a few cops (state cops as a matter of fact), one officer said on if he clocks a motorcycle over 100 he won't bother. Another one said on a specific highway (wont say which) that anything under 90mph he won't pull someone over, now he works the night shift i said he said anything after 1am. I usually cruise around 80 in a 65 on my bike and car and haven't had any problems.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 PM

volcomrr,

Congrats on not getting cited or anything worse happening. Great job keeping your cool being that this wasyour first time and knowing how to handle the situation.

Live and Learn...I bet you won't being doing anymore wheelies on the street for a looong while, intentionally .

Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: willcasp

ORIGINAL: be vertical

PREACHERS BEWARE, DO NOT READ!!!!

Some cops are cool like that with riders. Ive been snagged on a few times by the po-lice, never got a ticket. On long island, because of the mortality rate and a few other horrible things, if you are going more then 100 they arent even allowed to put there lights on anymore. If clock you at <100 and get behind you, but you run on them, they cant even chase you. ....
I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice....

In states like Washington, that advice will result in the loss of your motorcycle, no questions asked. Many states have impound legislation as a consequence of wreckless driving.
In states like Oregon, that advice immediately puts you in jail with a suspended license. (30 mph over speed limit or anything over 100mph) (http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/news/nr_20051220_2.shtml)

They may not chase you, but their radio can.

.. not to mention that posting advice like this in a public forum could make you the target for a civil suit
yo

You are right, I was not by any means recommending anybody use this ad a guide while riding. I tried to make that clear, but if not, that was my intention. What I was really trying to state was, like was said a few posts up, that most cops will not even bother with you unless you are doing something extremely wreck-less. I do not run from the cops or anything ridiculous like that, I was just stating the above as matter of fact. The reason for this, to the best of my knowledge, is that not too long ago a cop was chasing a few bikes who did not want to stop, the bikes blew an intersection, the cop followed, and ended up t-boning a war veteran and killing him. Needless to say the cop lost his job, the vet ended up dead, and no one ever found the bikers. I think its that the cops are afraid to create any hazard, and that is why they dont bother bikes.

Like Washington, NY is much the same with the wreck-less driving and suspension laws for excessive speeding.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:51 PM

i got pulled over the other day too. had been out riding for a couple hours with my girl on the back. the roads we were on were freshly paved, plenty of twists and very little traffic. i topped a hill and had a view of about 2 miles in front of me.... the road was straightfor a mile or so and then had a nice sweeping left turn.... i was thinking to myself, man, we could open it up right here! in front of me i could see a car, didnt think it was a cop since i couldnt see any lights up top.... but because i saw the car, i didnt punch it, instead we were goign about 80 in the 55... as soon as i got closer to the car, here come the blue lights and he busts a U turn... naturally he wasa state trooper in anunmarked dodge charger. to make a long story shorter, he reduced the speed from 79 to 69 because i was respectful and didnt try to run. he couldnt believe i rode 2 hours just to get to some fresh pavement- no points on the license because of the reduction... i got lucky i didnt open it up!!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered Users

my first time getting pulled over i was on my gs 500 cop pulls up next to me and pionts to the side of the road and so i pull over. guess he sees my military sticker and aske " you in the service" i say yes sir, he tell me to hold on he come back and saids merry christmas and slow down

Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 PM

Usually, when I've been pulled over, whether bike or car, if your polite and respectful they won't mess with you too much..."Yes, sir" "No, sir" replies go a long way and don't be a dirt bag, or they will put it on you. Most cops I know actually own bikes too, so they won't mess with you unless you are being totally reckless...and doing wheelies is a sure fire way of getting pulled over.

Cops are people too...