Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well... I got pulled over last night...

Old 07-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well... I got pulled over last night...

I met up with my girlfriend and a friend of hers at a restaurant last night on the bike. We finished up and they followed me to my house. I was pullin up a few wheelies here and there, revvin her up a lil bit. We get about 2 blocks from my house and I see a cop pull up behind my girlfriends car who was just behind me. I stop at a red light and there's a gas station to the right of me. The cop pulls in, drives through the gas station (which is closed) and pulls up right next to me in the lot. He motions with one finger to pull into the gas station. Not sure what I'd done unless he saw me pop a wheelie or was gonna thrash me for something else I hadnt even thought about, I pulled in and stopped next to his car. He get's outta the car and the first thing he says to me is "Yeah that pipe you got there..." I was like aww **** come on... dont gimme crap about any mods I've done. [:@] He then tells me has an '04 1000RR at home and he had heard me screamin by and HAD to find out what kinda pipe it was!! We talked for about 20 minutes, I showed him how to install it, what to look for... showed him the other mods I had done. He tells me he rides with a couple other cop buddies of his, who own GSXR's. He then asks me if I wanna trade numbers, he'd like to go riding some time, and he said "And you wont get any tickets if yer riding with me...". I couldnt believe it... I was so impressed at how cool this cop was I even told him to call me if he wanted help installin the pipe. I have a COP on MY SIDE ! Not only that... it's good to know that there ARE cops out there that respect this stuff and arent out there to just screw us over! Thought you'd all get a kick outta this one!

Old 07-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Well... I got pulled over last night...

Unbelievable! No really -- I think you're lying[8D] Nah, that's cool -- my luck don't usually work like that.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:50 PM

Thats cool man, its always good to have someone like that to ride with. Your right, it's also nice to know that not all cops are a*holes. Here in my little city inside of South Dakota, there are quite a few cops that ride, and the cops that dont talk to the ones that do, so we get away with SOME "naughty" stuff, but they wont allow us just to go nutz all the time, if you know what I mean. It is kind of unnerving at times to watch a member of law enforcement doing stand ups and loooooong burnouts though (this is what they get paid for!?!? [8D] lol)

Im glad to hear its not like this in just my little corner of the world :P

take it easy,

Chris

Old 07-16-2005, 09:31 PM

Some of my best friends are police officers, I have on of thier R1's in my garage right now since he let me borrow it for the week so my friend from Tennessee would have a bike to ride at the USGP at Laguna Seca..we probally put 700 miles on that thing lately...and it is nice to ride with them. It is never bad to have a badge backing you up!!

Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See we're all not bad. It hasn't happen yet but I am waiting for the moment I am going to have to get my buds out of a ticket for doing wheelies while riding with me.

There are a few cops that ride around here too but with a force of about 2000 there are sure to be a few. The ones I know who might come across as being dicks have a problem with stunting on public roads are when riders are doing stunts in or around other traffic. I know that's when they are the most fun, especially when there's a babe to show off for but you can't expect Po Po to just sit there and do nothing when they witness it and bystanders know they witnessed it.

The real cool cops are our motorcycle officers. I heard rumor that Buell was demonstrating one of there police bike and one of our guys was doing wheelies on it. I would have loved to be there for that.

By the way I just saw on the Honda’s web site that they are pushing the ST1100 and ST1300 with a police package. That would be kick *** if I could get paid to ride one of those. I don't think our current unit would go for it though because they are die-hard Harley guys.

Old 07-17-2005, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the replies guys... 05Tribal yer a cop ?! Anyways, I live in a pretty big city couple hours out from NYC. The cops around here are usually pretty serious about what goes on. I just got a big kick outta the whol experience, probably because I've never had a good expereince with a cop. I drive a '95 Turbo All Wheel Drive Talon... with all kindsa mods done to it, so as you may have guessed... Cops havent been my best friend, I've received 4 tickets in one pull-over twice. So far been pulled over once on the bike... and it helped me out... man this bike just keeps getting sweeter. Haha... here's a pic of the Steel Cage!

www.toddsmanifesto.com/cbrforum/talon_side.jpg

Old 07-18-2005, 04:19 AM

Lol, that's awesome dude. Wish cops like that were around here, of course most of the ones I know are over 50 anyways.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:29 AM

Now I know you were smart enough to get his name and number. Take him out to dinner and throw that Trump card in the top stack of your wallet. That just does not happen every day.

My best friend is a CHP in California. He writes everyones schedules so my trump card is perfect for those who want to keep their overtime. LOL!