Finally Caught

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Caught

I'm guessing most of you have seen my 'not so legal' reg plate on the back of my bike......

So i was riding round the country lanes on the way to my friends house, and i was going at some pace and staying at an average speed of about 60 round the bends etc and as i got to the exit of the lanes a car flashed me and started waving his hand up and down (which is a well known motorist signal for 'police out and about with a speed gun etc up ahead' so i slowed down and as i came to a roundabout a few miles down the road there was a guy on a police bike sat at the side of the road watching the traffic.As i got to the junction next to him i heard him start his bike and he followed me about 200 yards down the road and then when it was safe to stop he flashed me to stop. I got off my bike and he got my details etc and all i got was a £30 fine. the police guy was pretty cool to be honest, we had a 5 minute chat after we'd sorted out my ticket and were talking about bikes etc and then he sent me on my way.

So i'm going to be getting a slightly bigger reg plate soon and hopefully that wont happen again, but considering i'd had the plate on for a good few months and not been stopped i think i did pretty well haha.The police guy said 'Thats not a registration plate.....thats a peice of plastic!'

Old 06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Default RE: Finally Caught

Pictures?? I got pulled over for my tag which is tucked under the tail. It's clear and visible however to me, and I think taking pictures to court, the judge would think the same thing.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 PM

Are you in the UK Karl?
My guess is Karl objects to mounting that HUGE British plate.
I can't blame him.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:35 PM

I am in the UK and yea the huge plate looks rediculous (cant spell sorry, it's 05:29am and i've not slept yet) The police guy said if i object to the £30 fine then i can take it to court. And part of me wants to because the government have turned a vehicle registration mark into a scheme where they can use it to take money off you. I wasnt driving like a di*k, i was making my way to my friends house minding my own business.... they say the reg plate is too small.... but too small for what??? for them to point you out and take your cash.... because honestly no other road users are bothered about the reg of your vehicle are they? what the officer should have said to me is not 'it's too small for road users to see' but... it's too small for our speed cameras to see. Dont get me wrong it's a good idea and helps catch the people putting other peoples lives at risk. but the fact that i was driving normally and most probably the one 'at risk' because i'm a tad smaller and less visable than cars, and i get a fine...... just doesnt make sense [&:]they are just robbing bast**ds and do what they can to rinse you. the guy was a nice chap and was only doing his job... but heres an idea..... how about keepin an eye on the group of 20 CHAVS that jumped me and 2 of my m8s as we were sk8in on a sk8 park.... and all the other pr**ks out causing trouble.... rather than havin a pissy fit at the fact that my font is a liccle bit too small for their squinty, money grbbing, greedy eyes to see.

Oh and another thing... he said the plate has to have at least tohe post code of the maker of the plate..... which personally i think is a bit stupid.... not only would it spoil the look [:'(]but what the hell would anyone be interested in the post code for? It's not as though ive just written the reg of my bike on a piece of paper in pencil and selotaped it to the back of my bike!!!

ANYWAYS!!! heres some pics....

Name:  BeaconFell020.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  145.1 KB
Name:  DSC00139.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  138.1 KB
Name:  DSC00141.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  124.2 KB

Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 PM

PS. those rediculous chicken strips are long gone

Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 PM

One more thing..... sorry IMO i think the size of the plate should be in comparison with the size of the vehicle if that makes sense..... the put them on cars and they look the right size..... but expect the same size plate to be wedged on the back of a bike [:@]personally i think my plate size should be standard on bikes plus the fact it's more aero dynamic ok i'm frustrated now so i'm off to bed haha..... speak to you guys soon take care everyone and ride safe.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:00 AM

So you made your own is that what you're saying?

Old 06-20-2008, 08:53 AM

Nope i bought it from a DVLA registered number plate company.... the only thing 'wrong' with it is the size really.... it's pathetic but oh well, i'm paying the £30 fine and i'll just have to pay fora slightly bigger plate.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:46 PM

i think that plate looks sweet all small like that. us bike plates are tiny compared to car plates so it should def be the same in the UK. and you plate was way out in the back too, i dont see anything wrong with it. you could have it tiny AND tucked under the tail

that sucks

Old 06-21-2008, 09:43 AM

Take it to court. Fight it.
Try to get a written form of the decision (after you win) signed by the judge. If you ever get pulled over for this chickensh*t thing again, hand the note to the cop.