exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:52 AM
Default RE: exhaust question

Slip-ons don't really add anything, maybe if you're lucky half a horse power if that... A full system can add a few though, in combination with a PC and some tuning.

Old 08-16-2007 | 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Ludefreak

I'm sure this question has been asked before.But i'm gonna ask again..What are the actual h.p benefits gained by installing a slip on or even a full.. I'm not much of a mechanic but i remember when i put a full cat system on my lude i only got like 2 possibly 3 h.p out of it..Is it different on a bike??? Now another question.. I was having a conversation with my brother-in-law and he said since my bike has fuel injection it really wont matter if i put an exhaust on it...Now thts somthing i had never heard before??
I know many do the exhaust thing to get that sweet rumblin sound but as far as a performance mod is it really worth the $300++?? Sorry to sound so mechanicaly stupid, but if ya dont ask.....Thanks
First of all after market exhaust you lose weight right of the bat. By installing a after market exhaust you can lose up to 8 lbs off your bike. Second thing yes you do gain little hp anywhere from 2-4hp gain. Third thing for looks thats if your into it. Last thing is for the sound.

Old 08-17-2007 | 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: slip_

Slip-ons don't really add anything, maybe if you're lucky half a horse power if that... A full system can add a few though, in combination with a PC and some tuning.
total and complete BS

my 1000RR gained 11 whp over the baseline with an arata map
and since i havent had my 600RR custom mapped yet i will have to go by the other dyno charts i have seen.
akro, leo vince, arrow, have all given 5-6 with a custom map

Old 08-17-2007 | 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Ludefreak

I'm sure this question has been asked before.But i'm gonna ask again..What are the actual h.p benefits gained by installing a slip on or even a full.. I'm not much of a mechanic but i remember when i put a full cat system on my lude i only got like 2 possibly 3 h.p out of it..Is it different on a bike??? Now another question.. I was having a conversation with my brother-in-law and he said since my bike has fuel injection it really wont matter if i put an exhaust on it...Now thts somthing i had never heard before??
I know many do the exhaust thing to get that sweet rumblin sound but as far as a performance mod is it really worth the $300++?? Sorry to sound so mechanicaly stupid, but if ya dont ask.....Thanks

benefits
slip ons tend to increase hp on the midrange which makes it a better choice for a street bike
full systems give its power on the top end
for example the sato full system gives really high top end numbers but the sato slip on actually produces more hp in the midrange than the full does.

and yes because it is fuel injected it is actually easier to tune than a carbed bike. especially the ones that do not have an 02 sensor. normal non EU spec bikes run specific fuel tables that add or subtract fuel based on rpm and throttle position (air temp also plays a part) a powercommander can alter the oem programming to add or subtract fuel based on what the air fuel ratio meter is telling the tuner

Old 08-17-2007 | 04:51 PM

well for the 06-07 squixxer (600-750) , they loose 25 lb.s by dicthing the old exhast which is huge i think.