exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007 | 02:13 PM
Default exhaust question

New to this website, but not new to the world of motorcycles. Im coming off of kawasaki, and I am about to buy the new white cbr600rr. what companies work best with honda. with kawasaki, muzzys always the perferd exhaust. I didn't know if there was one for honda, i heard jardine but Im not sure. my other question is, is there an exhaust out there for the stock undertail to bring it back to side pipe? I've seen them before. I will post pics of my old bike whenI get off work,I had a 2005 636 custom painted with lods of engine mods.

Old 08-13-2007 | 05:30 PM
Default RE: exhaust question

Slip-on or full system? i assume you're looking for solid power gains.

but your last bit begs the question... why the HELL would you want a garbage can hanging off the side of the bike anyway?! this might be me nit picking, but the unbalanced look and feel would irritate the hell out of me.

Old 08-13-2007 | 06:00 PM

I have IXIL, you'll hear Jardine, 2Brothers, Scorpion & the list goes on.... Shop around & do your research & you'll be OK. But I have to agree with KSlugger, the undertail is just one thing that makes the CBR such a HOT bike, as well as its AWESOMEperformance.

Old 08-13-2007 | 08:14 PM

i saw on 600rr.net that there is an exhaust comparison test for the new 07s

Old 08-13-2007 | 08:45 PM

I also like the undertail exhaust, but honda and kawasaki's new idea of putting the tail light under the muffler was pretty stupid, it does give it the GP look only if you remove the tail light, turn signals etc. Im probably going to mess around with some LED's and try and make my own, or just wait until some company realizes that could make some money by making something. I've been leaning towards leo vince sbk, I had the full system on my 636 and loved it. great sound and power gain. Im leaning towards just a slip onfor right now.

Old 08-14-2007 | 02:28 PM

the taillight was put on the bottom to make the bike easier to prep for the track
less stuff to tape up

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:22 PM

Hey guys I just had my Two Brothers installed on my 05 CBR600RR....love the rumble I just fell in love all over again

Old 08-16-2007 | 12:31 AM

akra is pretty much made for honda hehe, i would go with nothing less.

Old 08-16-2007 | 04:13 AM

I'm sure this question has been asked before.But i'm gonna ask again..What are the actual h.p benefits gained by installing a slip on or even a full.. I'm not much of a mechanic but i remember when i put a full cat system on my lude i only got like 2 possibly 3 h.p out of it..Is it different on a bike??? Now another question.. I was having a conversation with my brother-in-law and he said since my bike has fuel injection it really wont matter if i put an exhaust on it...Now thts somthing i had never heard before??
I know many do the exhaust thing to get that sweet rumblin sound but as far as a performance mod is it really worth the $300++?? Sorry to sound so mechanicaly stupid, but if ya dont ask.....Thanks

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:29 AM

^ I was wonding the same thing with performance too. I know with 2 stroke dirt bikes its a pretty good boost, but i think the concept is different. It might also be a weight issue, i have a carbon fiber jardine exsaust on my CBR (installed by previous onwer) and there are Ti exsaust pipes too, something like that could shave off some weight i imagine.

Quick Reply: exhaust question