Dropped 3"

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dropped 3"

ORIGINAL: stephygee

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: stephygee

I'm guessing the current 600RR setup similar to the old ('01) F4i setup?
Dude...they're worlds apart...night and day...near and far...black and white...

You can lower it, but it's not a performance mod...it's perfectly fine if all you want to do is show off your "bitchin" bike at Starbucks...If you're a track junky then 1" is too much, especially if it involves a lowering link...

If you're going to quote...get it right. "I'm guessing the current 600RR setup similar to the old ('01) F4i setup? If so,....

That and the fact that the original poster asked a question....I answered it. Didn't say anything about him/her being a track junkie...just asking how a 3" drop would affect his suspension. I gave my opinion. Not everyone here is a track junkie or does mods to their bikes just for performance. Seriously....I really dislike it when people talk out their neck just to get post points. Geez.....

You go Stephygee!!!!!!! You tell that fretless wonder whats on your mind. You have back up right here, not that you need it. Yeah 1" lowering is fine for my needs. I'm not a track junkie, but the occasional weekend stroll in the twisties does it for me. Fret isn't just talking out of his neck, your being too nice Stephygee. He is talking out of his ***. You know I'm starting to think that he doesn't even have a motorcycle. Anyways, I'm not going to answer all of your repetive posts Fret, I guess you have WAY more time on your hands than I do. I have important things that need attending to right now. Let people do what they want with their bike, I'm sure they have done enough research or asked questions to knowlegeable people, before they tinkered with their bike. Relax buddy, just relax...... glad I could make you laugh chucklehead.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:19 AM

Actually Fretless is pretty much right on the money. Once you lower your bike, everything changes. It may very well feel more stable because it has a lower center of gravity, but all the geometry of the bike has changed. You'll end up dragging the pegs and your feet easier causing instability, possibly bottom out on the pan or fairing plastics too. Your turn in ability has also changed. The swingarm in relation to the frame has also changed decreasing the angle. Do what you want really, but it's not a change for the better.
I'll probably post this in all the sections since there are like 5 different topics on the same subject going.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:27 AM

all show no go...[sm=bling.gif]...ima SQUID...

Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some solid advice.....DON'T.

Do we even have 3 inches of ground clearance? lol. A half-inch can screw stuff up, but three full inches? Freaking eh, that's a lot of lost ground clearance (unless of course you wan't to be replacing your oil pan every other day)......not to mention broken (or missing) toes. I would think twice about this one. Actually, I wouldn't think at all, I just woudn't do it. That's some solid advice.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Do we even have 3 inches of ground clearance? lol. A half-inch can screw stuff up, but three full inches? Freaking eh, that's a lot of lost ground clearance (unless of course you wan't to be replacing your oil pan every other day)......not to mention broken (or missing) toes. I would think twice about this one. Actually, I wouldn't think at all, I just woudn't do it. That's some solid advice.

You need to learn how to read first of all. I do not recommend lowering the bike 3". Only 1" and thats if you have to. Go to the lowering one inch thread, and you read what an expert in the field has to say. Enough stepping on squids all day, your stinkin up the place, whats a matter with you.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

You need to learn how to read first of all. I do not recommend lowering the bike 3". Only 1" and thats if you have to. Go to the lowering one inch thread, and you read what an expert in the field has to say. Enough stepping on squids all day, your stinkin up the place, whats a matter with you.
You're a very angry person.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 PM

You're a very angry person.
[/quote]

I don't agree with that statement either. Damn it!!![:@]