Dropped 3"

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped 3"

What should my suspenision setting be if i lowered my 05 cbr600rr 3"???

Old 05-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Default RE: Dropped 3"

ORIGINAL: Jerpinoyboi

What should my suspenision setting be if i lowered my 05 cbr600rr 3"???
I'll pray for you dude, cause that's too freaking low to drop your bike, no suspension setting in the world is going to help that mess or prevent the oil pan from cracking on a big bump!

If this is something you're thinking about doing, I strongly recommend not!

Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 PM

ur a super member??? seems like u dont know why people drop their bikes that low??? you ever been to the races??? no dis but....someone that knows bikes better please......

Old 05-23-2006, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Jerpinoyboi

ur a super member??? seems like u dont know why people drop their bikes that low??? you ever been to the races??? no dis but....someone that knows bikes better please......
You can't be serious!?!

Are you talking drag racing or circuit track racing, no body I know that races lowers their bike ...period, because it changes the geometry of the bike and makes the bike handle very poorly. Some might lower a few millimeters, but not 3"...that's just plain dangerous.

You're right that I don't race and I'm not sure what my post count has to do with anything...I can give you the totals from all the other motorcycle forums I hang out on and maybe that will make me more credible. I'm a track enthusiast that gets information from many informative, knowledgeable and experienced people (many who race)...no dis taken, so maybe you can help me understand why someone would want to lower their bike 3" and what kind of advantages it gives? If it sounds convincing enough maybe you'll start a new trend...

No offense, but this is the kind of question newbies ask because both feet don't touch the ground.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:12 AM

so if u are 6'5" do u rase ur bike one foot so that only one foot touches the ground???????????

Old 05-24-2006, 12:21 AM

jk man....my question was more towards the people that lower their bike as low as i did....when i went to maryland i went to the street racing scene and noone had stock height...all them bike looked like they were sitting on the ground..it was crazy, people were bettin in the 10s of thousands. If yall coulda help me out ...and i say again no dis

Old 05-24-2006, 12:22 AM

lol... well, fretless knows what he's talking about (most of the times ). he's actually a pretty knowledgeable member. i agree 3" drop is a lot. sometimes i ride my friends zx6rr that's lowered 3" and it handles poorly... scrapes easily. so if you're wanting to do track racing lowering the bike isn't advisable. however, if you're wanting to do drag racing (straights)... that's where i see a tons of lowered bikes. it all depends on how you plan on using the bike bro i personally like leaning and draggin' knees so keeping it stock height is best. anyway, best of luck!

Old 05-24-2006, 12:31 AM

i do agree that the way they design the suspension already is the best....i also have a 05 1000rr which i refuse to tamper with...thats y i am slamming the 6...

Old 05-24-2006, 09:32 AM

your suspension setting should be as stiff and uncomfortable as possible. look forward to not really being able to ride the bike very hard also because the handling is going to be aweful.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:54 AM

if its racing you like why don't you look into real racing at road course? drag race to turn one and then the real fun starts, imo

and the real question is, if your lowering your bike to drag race why are you doing it to your 600 if you own a 1000?!?!

but if you insist on doing it, suspension is gonna have to be as stiff as humanly possible just to avoid dragging the oil pan and everything else all the time

Quick Reply: Dropped 3"