F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just dropped it

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just dropped it

Just got home like 30 minutes ago. It was a downward sloping 45 degree curve on a back road. I saw the lead rider stick his leg out going around the corner doing about 35-40mph, "whats up with that?" I ask myself just in time to see the nickel and quarter sized gravel all over the apex. My friend who was leading made it through luckily. This is my first year riding, did the MSF, have put about 1000 on the bike, but obviously still an amateur. Needless to say, I got spooked and hit both brakes which straightened out the bike and sent me wide and into the grassy ditch. Haha, that ****'s like braking on ice. Got a little braking in and went down on the left side, put some decent scratches in the side fairings, cracked stator cover, oil leaks from it and the shift lever is bent. Could have ridden it home except for the oil leak when it was running. I got scratched, helmet got scratched, but other than that just bruised ego. Guess its true, everyone falls.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Default RE: Just dropped it

glad to see your on here telling us about it. i went down last friday in the grass and yes its like ice.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:42 AM

damn gravel!! [:@]

Old 08-12-2006, 12:08 PM

dropped, sounds more like a crash to me. Glad to hear you're ok and the bike isn't too bad. You must always be careful of the temptation to try and keep up with more experienced riders. Riding above your abilities can get you in a lot of trouble very quickly.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Glad you are OK

Old 08-12-2006, 01:49 PM

good to hear your not hurt

Old 08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Fox
Banned

That other rider was prob. signalling to you that there was a hazard.

You might want to file a claim. You need to replace your lid.

Old 08-12-2006, 06:53 PM

My Dear CBR Friend.
Dont worry about the bike. I am just glad to read that you are unhurt. We all share your pain.
Yes, everyone does fall. No matter if you're a pro, novice, or amature; everyone goes down. Its just matter of when and how hard.
Its cool that the leader of your pack pointed out the gravel. It shows that your group is riding with their heads and not your dicks.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, sux that the bike is hurting but glad you're o.k. Plastic is costly but easily replaced. And +1 on a new lid.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:47 PM

Thanks guys, I didn't expect so many people to respond. Yeah, a new lid is a must and I just ordered a new stator cover and rear set so I hope to be back out again real soon. After I calmed down a bit more the other night, I realized it could have been a lot worse than it was, so I consider myself lucky. It sounds weird, but I'm almost "glad" it happened the way it did because I didn't get that hurt but now I've felt what it's like to go down, the experience might help me out in the future. I'm also going to look into maybe taking a lesson at a track next year or the one after so I can learn how to do things the right, anyone done that?? MSF was good to get the basics, but I feel like for the way I want to ride I should get proper techniques ingrained early.

Quick Reply: Just dropped it