Do YOU know how to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do YOU know how to ride?

I don't know how to ride been learning for almost 20yrs but allways learning something new... I like learning.... its fun on 2 wheels!!

Old 01-13-2007, 06:07 PM

Hayden, Rossi, Tahoe.....yes
Me.......no

Old 01-13-2007, 06:15 PM

No

Old 01-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Hayden, Rossi, Mladin Yes....

Me, better than most...

Tahoe... no, he's so bad.

ps. dang need to fix my sig

Old 01-13-2007, 08:54 PM

This thread was pointless[8D]

Old 01-13-2007, 10:04 PM

Wait, did I hear we're meeting up at Starbucks soon? I'll just have to show up with pictures though since I don't have it anymore. hahaha

Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 AM

ORIGINAL: 05RR

Yeah, yeah...me and TahoeSC had a lil argument, but it's settled now, we're lil buds. And FYI, no, I'm no expert rider, lol, if I was, I'd be out there with Duhamel, Mladin...I'm sure if any of us were that damn good, you'd be out there too. I do know how to ride though, and not just to the store, lol. I love hitting up the twisties, just me and my bike. There's really not that many good riding areas around me, but the areas that are worth a ride, I'll spend all day going back and forth. If I hit a certain corner at a certain speed, my next trip around, I'll push myself even more until the point to where it starts to scare me, lol. I just keep practicing and practicing. Will I be as good as Nicky someday? Umm, probally not. But I do what I'm able to do. Hell, no matter what kind of rider you are, MotoGP or you're average Joe, there's always room for improvement. The reason why I talk about "cars" and the capabilities of our bikes is because I hear all kinds of different **** come out of peoples mouths at bike night, wherever. I'm just curious as to what "you" all have to say. Just asking for "your" opinions. I'm not some kind of a f**king idiot. My intentions were to not label myself as being better than everybody else, I'm not, but I do know what I'm doing. The ONLY kind of riders that I don't have a lick of respect for are "wannabe's, poser's, squid's". Anyways, I'm sorry if I came across as a dick or whatnot. Tahoe and I havetalked about our situation, and alls good now, so...
Beware... just when you think things are cool with Tahoe, he'll show up with abad wearing purple tights and a riding crop. If you see him coming at you with one of those leather masks with a zipper mouth start running!

Old 01-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only does tahoe have mad riding skillz but i filmed it for any doubters

(just ignore the last part)

Old 01-14-2007, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Raider Al

Beware... just when you think things are cool with Tahoe, he'll show up with abad wearing purple tights and a riding crop. If you see him coming at you with one of those leather masks with a zipper mouth start running!
Fool!!!! You have made the purple gods' bungholes angry and you will pay dearly for your insolence!!!

ORIGINAL: 05RR

Yeah, yeah...me and TahoeSC had a lil argument, but it's settled now, we're lil buds. And FYI, no, I'm no expert rider, lol, if I was, I'd be out there with Duhamel, Mladin...I'm sure if any of us were that damn good, you'd be out there too. I do know how to ride though, and not just to the store, lol. I love hitting up the twisties, just me and my bike. There's really not that many good riding areas around me, but the areas that are worth a ride, I'll spend all day going back and forth. If I hit a certain corner at a certain speed, my next trip around, I'll push myself even more until the point to where it starts to scare me, lol. I just keep practicing and practicing. Will I be as good as Nicky someday? Umm, probally not. But I do what I'm able to do. Hell, no matter what kind of rider you are, MotoGP or you're average Joe, there's always room for improvement. The reason why I talk about "cars" and the capabilities of our bikes is because I hear all kinds of different **** come out of peoples mouths at bike night, wherever. I'm just curious as to what "you" all have to say. Just asking for "your" opinions. I'm not some kind of a f**king idiot. My intentions were to not label myself as being better than everybody else, I'm not, but I do know what I'm doing. The ONLY kind of riders that I don't have a lick of respect for are "wannabe's, poser's, squid's". Anyways, I'm sorry if I came across as a dick or whatnot. Tahoe and I havetalked about our situation, and alls good now, so...
05RR, you've still managed to avoid backing up your claim. So I'll ask once again....

I'm curious as to why you think you're such a good rider. What skills do you feel you possess that "bad" riders don't?????? What is your definition of a good rider?????

My best lap timeis1:49 at Infineon Raceway (its part of the AMA circuit). I know its slow but I figure someone with your skills who knows how to ride could easily point out where I can improve can get me on par with the AMA pros (who run 1:38). This should be a piece of cake for you because you know how to ride. I'll even pay for your track time. What kind of lap times are you running at your local track?? I expect they should be low because you know how to ride.

You've talked a lot of smack but so far you've only established that you know how to ride to Starbucks????

My apologies to the rest of the board if this post is out of line.

[font=tahoma][color=#660099]On a more constructive note, let me make this suggestion to you, 05RR.... Have a little humility. Contrary to what you believe, you are bragging. And to make it worse, you can't even back it up. There is no

Old 01-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Well, abadfish, I don't know if you have any afiliation with TahoeSC/Mawfaki Racing...but at least he has track day pics, etc. Where's your pics, videos, and trophies there bud? All I see is some dude on a purple *** bike, nothing else, no pics, no nothing...and you claim to belong to a racing team, I never once said that I'm good enough to be a racer, the only thing that I was refering to was the fact that I know how to ride. Plain and simple. I never once said that I'm a pro or anything. I just said that I knew what I was doing, as there are many people on here that do as well. It's just a post, you know, a conversation topic. But hey, I do have some good news for ya'! Umm...I have to give you some credit, for not being a professional, I'd say that you do pretty good at Infineon...[sm=smiley20.gif]! But, in my own opinion, and this is just my own personal opinion, nothing else, no offense, nothing...but if you want to do better, why don't you grow some ***** and stop braking at the first braking marker you see. Start hitting those corners harder! I hope you didn't take offense to that. When I was at Mid-Ohio doing a track day, when we were done riding, the lead instructor told a select group of people that if they wanted to be better, that YOU HAVE TO HIT THE CORNERS HARD! I don't believe that this post has gotten out of hand just yet, well, just a little. So, why don't we "all" just drop the whole subject about proving one's self of being a "racer". I never meant to make this post anyways, it was at the spur of the moment when I had an arguement with another member. I f**ked, and I made myself look like a total ***. Again, I'm sorry to anyone if I came across that way.

Quick Reply: Do YOU know how to ride?