Do YOU know how to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do YOU know how to ride?

I have time slips, but ANYONE can get those. Doesn't mean you know how to ride.

But isn't this a high school or playground arguement?

Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

If a particular someone has a problem with another particular someone........settle it like men.........with smileys.

[sm=violent053.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]
LOL!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 01:05 PM

If you can take your bike to the store and back without dropping itthen you know how to ride. You may not be able to ride as well as others that have been riding all thier life but you can ride. I have only been riding for a little over a year on street bikes (rode dirt bikes for a few years) so I am not as good as most but I do get better every time I ride. Just keep riding and improvement will come. I will tell you that Tahoe doesn't have a reputation for flaming newbs. If anything he has flamed himself more than others so don't take it seriously.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Pass me the popcorn please..................are there bets????

Old 01-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tahoe is equal opportunity flamer...not to be confused with "an equal opportunity flamer"...i flame everyone...
i've flamed woodyracing before...who definitely doesn't know how to ride. i am convinced that the more pix you have of yourself riding at the track...the more you feel the need to prove to everyone that you can ride, which means that you aren't confident in your skills as of yet, which means you don't know how to ride.

in all seriousness...as abad implied...there are different standards and levels. getting to the store and back without dropping the bike = knowing how to ride in a general sense...but to be able to consciously know exactly what you're doing, what your bike is doing and to be ready for any changes, and to correct those changes, fluidity, smoothness, etc. in all aspects of riding from braking to shifting to switchbacks, etc...that is truly knowing how to ride.

am i there yet? no...because i don't have a chance to try any of these things out when i trailer my bike to starbucks to meet up with DWHITE and other starbucks riders...that's why i have lots of pictures.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:14 PM

I am lost. So, is 05rr an expert rider then? Or wait, Tahoe is newb? They both trailer their bikes to starbucks? No, wait, er,...................

Old 01-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bushmaster knows how to ride best because his name says it all! he is the master of bushes, which is a position we all want to be in...and he has an AR15 so i ain't saying anything other than praises for him!

Old 01-13-2007, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

am i there yet? no...because i don't have a chance to try any of these things out when i trailer my bike to starbucks to meet up with DWHITE and other starbucks riders...that's why i have lots of pictures.
Haha

Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 PM

You guys are too much. LOL!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Yeah, yeah...me and TahoeSC had a lil argument, but it's settled now, we're lil buds. And FYI, no, I'm no expert rider, lol, if I was, I'd be out there with Duhamel, Mladin...I'm sure if any of us were that damn good, you'd be out there too. I do know how to ride though, and not just to the store, lol. I love hitting up the twisties, just me and my bike. There's really not that many good riding areas around me, but the areas that are worth a ride, I'll spend all day going back and forth. If I hit a certain corner at a certain speed, my next trip around, I'll push myself even more until the point to where it starts to scare me, lol. I just keep practicing and practicing. Will I be as good as Nicky someday? Umm, probally not. But I do what I'm able to do. Hell, no matter what kind of rider you are, MotoGP or you're average Joe, there's always room for improvement. The reason why I talk about "cars" and the capabilities of our bikes is because I hear all kinds of different **** come out of peoples mouths at bike night, wherever. I'm just curious as to what "you" all have to say. Just asking for "your" opinions. I'm not some kind of a f**king idiot. My intentions were to not label myself as being better than everybody else, I'm not, but I do know what I'm doing. The ONLY kind of riders that I don't have a lick of respect for are "wannabe's, poser's, squid's". Anyways, I'm sorry if I came across as a dick or whatnot. Tahoe and I havetalked about our situation, and alls good now, so...

Quick Reply: Do YOU know how to ride?