Do YOU know how to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do YOU know how to ride?

Okay, I'm not too good with copying quotes, etc., so...on another post, things got a little out of hand...so a member, tahoesc, told me that because I didn't have pictures of track days, or time slips, that I didn't know how to ride, which to me, that's saying that he's saying that about everybody on here. So, guys AND gals, do you have to have track day pics and time slips to know how to ride?

Old 01-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Default RE: Do YOU know how to ride?

I have only been on this forum a few months, and I've never me TahoeSC, but from what I have read the advice has always been pretty good - and I suspect that the comment wasn't meant as an insult.

In my short riding career, the corners and lines I take on my common routes are much smoother, safer and often faster than they were a few months ago. I hope also, that they will be even better a few months from now. The point is that any experience can make you a better rider. Riding a track, which I haven't done, gives you the opportunity to tweak, tune and smooth out all of your inputs and reactions without worry about street stuff, and you get to do it lap after lap so you really can fix things and improve. I think that may have been the sentiment. I know 'how' to ride, yes. But this summer after what I hope to be a number of track days, I will certainly be better. The same the following year, and so on.

Better to improve the rider than the bike, in my opinion. We can all improve, but its more important to enjoy and look forward to your next ride.....

Chris.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:48 PM

no i don't...still learning...
still haven't mastered the twisties that i go every weekend...
seems to surprise me every time...but i'm faster(smoother) every time...
Ride safe and Stay alive...
you don't have to be a super hero to save somebody...i think that wasTahoesc's intention...

Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pay no attention to what tahoe sc says...i know him and he has a lot of pictures and stuff but he doesn't know how to ride...i konw for a fact.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: 05RR

so a member, tahoesc, told me that because I didn't have pictures of track days, or time slips, that I didn't know how to ride, which to me, that's saying that he's saying that about everybody on here.
Reading that thread, I would say that Tahoe was only referring to you, not the rest of the board.

Well, since you brought it up. You mention this in several posts but here's a quote from one of them.

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying thatI know how to ride.
I'm curious as to why you think you're such a good rider. What skills do you feel you possess that "bad" riders don't?????? What is your definition of a good rider?????

Old 01-12-2007, 09:00 PM

I don't know how to ride, but I want to see this thread...I've got some time to kill

Old 01-12-2007, 09:20 PM

I don't know how to ride either, but I haven't let that stop me!

It's kinda like the Raiders. They don't know how to play football, but that doesn't stop them. Dream big, dude!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:45 PM

do i know how to ride? yes
am i any good at it? nope

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying thatI know how to ride.
im curious as well, you put up a lot of posts askinghow our bikes do against exotics, highway racing and quater mile stuff. not trying to be a dick but those are a lot of newb questions. go out and find out how fast you are down the 1320' go for a track day and race against some other bikes and see how you do instead of relying on everyone on here... just my 2cents

Old 01-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Retired Moderator

If a particular someone has a problem with another particular someone........settle it like men.........with smileys.

[sm=violent053.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 01-13-2007, 11:50 AM

This type of thread is more a reflection of what YOU feel you lack rather than what someone else says you lack. If you were confident in yourself you wouldn't take anything personally, and it seemsthat's what you did.

And of course smilie wars is the way any real man settles internet fights.

Quick Reply: Do YOU know how to ride?