blinkers wont blink

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blinkers wont blink

Ive recently bought a 03 honda cbr600rr. Its a real nice bike. It has white LEDs for the blinkers instead of the stock ones. They dont blink! They just stay on solid when u signal. The indicator on the dash doesnt blink either. Any help would be great. Oh yea there also not that bright in the day and i was wondering if anyone knew a brand that is really bright.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Default RE: blinkers wont blink

I don't really know, but the previous owner might have not installed resistors for the blinkers causing it to be so hyper that it appears solid. I'm guessing he took off both the front and the rear stock blinkers, installed the new ones without the resistors which would make it solid. If this is the case, you'll have to tap into the signals and add resistors. As for good blinkers, I'm pretty happy with the hotbodiesracing side blinkers except they're not as flush as I thought they would be. They are pretty bright though.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:35 AM

^^^ what he said, or maybe the blinker fuild is too low.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:42 PM

After you check the blinker fluid, you may as well check and make sure the air in your tires is summer air and not winter air.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:17 PM

is the bike started when they dont blink... i know on my bike if the bike isnt started just in start position the signals will apear to stay on also previous owner may have wired wrong prolly wired it through to the running light wire

Old 11-12-2006, 03:37 PM

You may want to take off the cowl and check the wiring or you may have to add resistor. I have heard, and seen (on a gixxer) where we added aftermarket turns on w/o resistors and they stayed on. Its either going to be the wiring (most common) or you may need to add resistors

Old 11-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LED turnsignals (especially the flushmount ones) aren't NEARLY as bright as the older incandecent type bulbs. The LED's might look cooler, but they're not that bright during the day. I want people to see where I'm turning, so I left my stock signals on and installed clear lenses to give a "slightly modded" appearance.

Also, the stock Flasher unit (Thermal flasher I believe) is the reason why LED turnsignals don't blink correctly or at the right speed. Getting an aftermarket Electronic Variable Load Flasher will correct the problem without having to wire in resistors and the such. The reason: LED's have much less current draw than the bulbs. So the thermal flasher has a hard time determining if the bulbs are drawing any current at all....resulting in a siezure causing hyper flash or they just stay on. The electronic variable load flashers don't require the use of current draw to blink, so they'll blink like normal, whether that be LED or bulbs.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Im having the same problem with the LED's i just installed on my 06rr. Where can i find theElectronic Variable Load Flasher?And if i have to to wire resistors in is it very time consuming?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: HsI#15

Im having the same problem with the LED's i just installed on my 06rr. Where can i find theElectronic Variable Load Flasher?And if i have to to wire resistors in is it very time consuming?
No, its fast and easy. Suadering gun recommended though.

Also, do what Danny said, thats pretty common too. Make sure the bike is actually started