RS-5 Carbon Cone For $450 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS-5 Carbon Cone For $450 Shipped

I just found a link to a place that might have them in stock if anyone is interested. They have free shipping too. I thought of you Don when I saw it so if you haven't heard anything from your dealer, you might want to check them out. Here you go http://www.terra-powersports.com/pro...r/168/id/47236

-Jesse-

Old 03-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: RS-5 Carbon Cone For $450 Shipped

Thanks....

I tried calling several shops while mine was on back order and most shops wait for you to buy before they order it. It's hard to keep items like this in inventory because it's a waste of money until someone buys it, if they ever do. I was calling Yoshi and talking directly to them about the back order. At last count, they told me they hope to start sending orders out around mid march.

I thought about it and I thought 3 months for it was too long and I still don't know if I'd be one of the orders in mid march... my luck I'd be waiting another month or two. I gave up [] and started looking for a different exhaust. I found the new design by two brothers that had the same features I like on the RS5. The M2h ... is freaking awesome. After I installed it, I went for a test ride with some local sport bike riders... finally meet up with a group. Anyways, there was a ZX6 with the RS5 carbon cone on right beside me. Very quit when compared to my M2h. There was a newbie with a 05 CBR600RR all black and the RS5 wasn't much louder than his. I know the guy on the RR was a newbie because the way he rode and screwed up the lights on his bike. We rode the hell out of bikes for a few hours... had the cops called on us.... and so on. I told him to ride back to my house and I'd fix his mistakes on wiring up his lights. When I was taking his front fairing off... I noticed he only had 402 miles on the bike!! When I say we rode hard... I was tapped the rev limiter often... and this guy never put his bike through a break in period.

Sorry... we're talking about exhausts here. I got lucky because I really don't like the sound from the RS5. All I can say now is, before you sink the hundreds of $$$ into an exhaust, wait until you can hear one in person.

Here's the one I went with... I cut the bracket to make it fit tighter and painted all of the stainless steel brackets black to make them blend in better.

Name:  DSC_0138.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  150.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0157.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  95.7 KB

Old 03-12-2006, 11:24 AM

That two brothers looks great. I like the look of it better than the RS5 Carbon. I am happy with what I have though. I am suprised about the comment on exhaust tone. I like how the RS5 sounds. I also like the look of it from behind the bike, seems to really match the lines. I think the two brothers is the best looking round can exhaust that I have seen yet. Nice choice.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:12 PM

Congrats Don, I'm glad you found something that you like. I'm not a real big fan of the yoshi exhausts, mostly because they are more quiet than most pipes, but they are a good piece son't get me wrong. I have the M4 pipe on mine and I think it sounds just perfect, not too loud but you know when I'm coming. My buddy has the 2 bros on his bike and I love the deep sound of that too. Either way I don't think you could go wrong, but that pipe looks really good on your bike.

-Jesse-

Old 03-12-2006, 08:05 PM

I thought my Yoshi was loud. The other must be REALLY loud then. I have neighbors complain that it is to loud.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Retired Administrator

The RS5 I'm using for comparison is on a ZX6. The tone is good... just not very loud.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:55 AM

Totally different sounds....I have the M2h also...was thinking about the RS-5 Carbon Cone at first...the RS-5 is very quite on idle and just screams once the rpms are high...the M2h is so deep and throaty even at idle

totally differenet sounds...love both

Hey Don....think I'm gonna have to paint my brackets also...looks way better

Old 03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Retired Administrator

told you so.....

I also re-made the hanging bracket so it's about 3/4 of an inch shorter. That made the exhaust look more fitting. I can't leave anything stock, even my after market mods.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:00 PM

Don - Your bike looks SICK!. i also went with Two Bros, but because i do a lot of Highway riding, i added the P1 Power tip which quiets the pipe by 2 to 3 dB while actually adding measurable HP gains from the middle to the top of the powerband.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Love the new tips on the two bros you know if you can get them seperate for the older two bro slip ons

Quick Reply: RS-5 Carbon Cone For $450 Shipped