Bar Risers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bar Risers?

Hey guys, I got rid of my 07 RR earlier this year, but I'll have another one come spring time. But I was just wondering- has anybody used any bar risers for their RR? Or, does anybody have any suggestions about helping riding position. My back always killed me after I got off, not to mention my wrists... I had an F4i and used adjustable rear sets, but I have yet to adjust any handlebars. Suggestions? Thanks!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM

This will not answer your question about risers but what helped me was changing my seat to a Corbin. I had major back surgery 6 years ago and my back would kill me after every ride. Consider a Corbin it will make all the difference

Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by willcbr600rr
This will not answer your question about risers but what helped me was changing my seat to a Corbin. I had major back surgery 6 years ago and my back would kill me after every ride. Consider a Corbin it will make all the difference
Oh really? What's so different about it? I appreciate the info! Did it help with any wrist pain? I suppose I could get over the wrist pain with some new grips, but the back was the worst.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 09 RR and im 6'1'' but my wrists only hurt for about the first month. Its not that i got used to it but i began to hold myself more upright with my legs and moving closer to the tank. I think you may be putting to much weight forward on your bike. Maybe try relaxing a bit and keeping your weight towards your center.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
I have a 09 RR and im 6'1'' but my wrists only hurt for about the first month. Its not that i got used to it but i began to hold myself more upright with my legs and moving closer to the tank. I think you may be putting to much weight forward on your bike. Maybe try relaxing a bit and keeping your weight towards your center.
Lol I've been riding for several years and still haven't gotten that down yet haha. I'm about 6'2'', and the RR is by far the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden (in it's class), but I just had so many problems with comfort after a while. thanks for the good info though! Anybody think it's easier to just move the clip-ons up a little bit on the forks?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Junior2552
Lol I've been riding for several years and still haven't gotten that down yet haha. I'm about 6'2'', and the RR is by far the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden (in it's class), but I just had so many problems with comfort after a while. thanks for the good info though! Anybody think it's easier to just move the clip-ons up a little bit on the forks?

For money saving purposes that would be my first try. If raising them helps even the slightest i would then try to get a better grip. Something that will help distribute the weight. If those done work then i would do bar risers.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you work out much - especially core? Arms won't be much of a fix for this, but core is what holds you upright when you're in a normal riding position. Not just abs, I'm not saying there's a 6-pack required - but an all around fitness level, with some basic strength training helps this sort of thing.

In the cycling world (bicycles, not motorcycles) especially on my roadbike, the riding position between seat and handlebars are very similar to on my 600. Lower/mid back pain, and wrist/hand problems there over long rides (20-60 miles) can be attributed to a fitment issue - like you're looking for, but the first fix is your core. One of the clinics I went to the coach stressed this above everything else - you should be able to take your hands off the bars and ride without you upper body dipping down toward the stem.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM

+1 to riding position bud.... your putting wayy to much weight on your wrists if your in pain during/after riding. Idealy you should only be gripping the controls not supporting yourself on them. try riding nuts to tank "forward riding position" and as stated above use your thighs/groin/core to support your upper body. And get shorter you lanky bastard! j/k

Last edited by Quick6; 12-23-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
For money saving purposes that would be my first try. If raising them helps even the slightest i would then try to get a better grip. Something that will help distribute the weight. If those done work then i would do bar risers.
Yeah, I'll try that first haha. Junky, thanks for the advice. I'm a whole lot of torso, and I do work out, but I could do more for my core I suppose. Like I said I've been riding for years, so I don't know why the RR started to hurt me haha. I can't wait to get one back again in the Spring. Quick- But but but I don't wanna put my nuts that close to anything that hard. Ugh. The sacrifices us RR riders make, I'll work on getting shorter though haha. Heli Bar Tracbars look like a good adjustment as well. Anybody using them?

Old 09-20-2014, 09:54 PM

I just got an 07 600rr. I am interested in risers and wider bars. Does anyone now of a company that makes clip ons like that? I have a street fighter fronted so the fairing won't be in the way. Is it possible to put the clip ons about the triple clamp I have heard of people doing that on sportbikes before.