bar risers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bar risers?

Hey everyone, great forum. I was wondering if anyone is making bar risers for the 05-06 600rr, i've found them for the 03-04, but they have standard forks right? How long can you guys ride at a period of time without your wrists hurting? I've got a bandit 600 and have had it for a year and a half, but am buying a new 600 in the spring, my family has always ridden hondas, and the suzuki is the first non-honda i've personally owned. Would love to get a new 600rr, but i ride for at least 4-5 hours straight at a time on the weekends, and from what i've read the new 600rr's place more weight on your wrists than the 05 r6's and the 05-06 zx6r's. Do you guys find your rr's uncomfortable on longer trips? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Default RE: bar risers?

I know Heli makes for 03-04....if you find some would you let us know....think I want a set for my '05....and yes my hands are the first things to tire on long rides.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:11 AM
Retired Mod

i too went through the same issue. i went with the helibars and liked the more comfortable position. but i missed the low aggressive stock clipons. i recently switched back. if i had it to do over again, i would get a set of convertibars. they are adjustable. they can be set high (maybe even higher than the helibars) and can still be adjusted back down to the stock position for corner carving. they are pricy. about twice the price of helibars. they might be worth looking into.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:31 AM

Grip the tank with your knees, relax your arms (bend your elbows a bit) and have a nice loose grip on the bars...that'll help out too

Old 12-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Retired Administrator

Like fretless33 said... elbows down and keep then in close to your body. That'll give your arms a bit of a workout, but after a few days/weeks you start to build up your arms a little and you’ll feel right at home. Same with your knees squeeze a little on the tank and it will hold you back a lot. I only have this fatigue problem in town or slow traffic, when I make it to one of the interstates... I'm lying on the tank. And for those that feel sorry for interstate riders.... you're doing it wrong. With all of the clover leafs and straights, you get the best of both worlds.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

i too went through the same issue. i went with the helibars and liked the more comfortable position. but i missed the low aggressive stock clipons. i recently switched back. if i had it to do over again, i would get a set of convertibars. they are adjustable. they can be set high (maybe even higher than the helibars) and can still be adjusted back down to the stock position for corner carving. they are pricy. about twice the price of helibars. they might be worth looking into.
do you have a link?

Old 12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: cjbettis

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

do you have a link?
yep. www.convertibars.com doesn't look like they have a kit for the 600rr though. any year. but they do have universal kits based upon fork sizes.