Anyone raced their RR Vs F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone raced their RR Vs F4i?

I don't get why ya'll are arguing this:
The CBR600RR's awesome 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder is an all-new powerplant. It does share the same bore and stroke dimensions (67mm x 42.5mm) as the F4i's engine, but that was decided only after extensive testing with other cylinder dimensions. Honda's engineers found the F4i's displacement numbers would also be ideal for the RR's performance goals.
now if you meant to say is that they are still using the same configuration in the engine then your right but thats nothing new they have been using the same basic configuration for nearly 20 years but obviously the performance of these engines has increased massively

Old 07-13-2006, 05:20 PM

Some people just like to argue.

Woodys post only backed up what DThompson had to say AND it added that it may look a little different. No matter... I was under the impression you boys were more concerned about power and not the look of the damn thing

How can you say that????? I guess the writers and leading magazines are all retarded.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:20 PM

Wow... That was silly. I thought this whole thing was over and done with. Ugh. Here we go again.

The only reason I got in on this discussion is because I actually took the time to research this (which doesn't happen often). And, I found what DThompson did.

Anyways, I am done with this. It seems to me that neither one of you are going to lay this to rest. Well, I thought you guys were but I guess you changed your mind, Woody.

I dont doubt that you have those two bikes. I dont doubt that you have taken them apart numerous times. But, you know what, Im stubborn too (imma girl ). I find it hard that industry professionals would lie about a couple hunks of metal.

Oh who cares. Im over this.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:21 PM

Some people just like to argue.

Woodys post only backed up what DThompson had to say AND it added that it may look a little different. No matter... I was under the impression you boys were more concerned about power and not the look of the damn thing
How can you say that????? I guess the writers and leading magazines are all retarded.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: illmattix
Well, I am also in the import scene... And, I have known a few magazines and writers who mix things up and/or just dont know what they are talking about.

I guess I have to repeat myself. I am done with this

Old 07-13-2006, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

I don't get why ya'll are arguing this:
The CBR600RR's awesome 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder is an all-new powerplant. It does share the same bore and stroke dimensions (67mm x 42.5mm) as the F4i's engine, but that was decided only after extensive testing with other cylinder dimensions. Honda's engineers found the F4i's displacement numbers would also be ideal for the RR's performance goals.
now if you meant to say is that they are still using the same configuration in the engine then your right but thats nothing new they have been using the same basic configuration for nearly 20 years but obviously the performance of these engines has increased massively
Thats exactly what I meant. They are all subtle changes over the years not huge power increases from one year to the next.
I am finally happy now that we agree on something

Old 07-13-2006, 05:38 PM

just thought of something...... the F4i could be faster if the banana seat dropped a peal and made my RR slip and fall!!! that was lame, sorry.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:41 PM

I find it hard that industry professionals would lie about a couple hunks of metal.

are you for real? How about millions of dollars in company pensions. Come on, everyone lies!

Old 07-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no need for the attitude people...no need to condenscend one another.
just state your points and be gone...and don't say you're over with it and then come back for seconds or third! keep your word and go...away!

back to the MAIN concern of the post...600rr is faster and handles better than the F4i at the track...in the twists, etc. when rider input and mods are all the same.

i dunno if the engines are the same or not, but i went home and ripped tore both rr and F4i engine a part...EVERYTHING LOOKS THE SAME...like greased cover shiny things.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: tcjayde

Wow... That was silly. I thought this whole thing was over and done with. Ugh. Here we go again.

The only reason I got in on this discussion is because I actually took the time to research this (which doesn't happen often). And, I found what DThompson did.

Anyways, I am done with this. It seems to me that neither one of you are going to lay this to rest. Well, I thought you guys were but I guess you changed your mind, Woody.

I dont doubt that you have those two bikes. I dont doubt that you have taken them apart numerous times. But, you know what, Im stubborn too (imma girl ). I find it hard that industry professionals would lie about a couple hunks of metal.

Oh who cares. Im over this.

okay let me explain one thing before I retire from this argument (I can't leave it alone, I wasn't kidding about the stubborn thing lol).
all the specs tell you are the bore and stroke of the engine and the capacity, they don't tell you about the weight of the engine, its size, how it mounts, efficiency, and all those million little things that can be done by a manufacturer to make the engine work that much better. If you look at all the current (and even past) 600's from all the manufacturers you will find very similar specs but the actual engines will be very different. I made the point earlier that the F2's engine probably had similar engine specs to both of these bikes but the actual engines are incredibly different. Honda wasn't lying about the specs, my point is the specs don't even give you half the story on the engine. Two different engines can use the same bore and stroke yet have a 30+ HP difference.

I started this whole differences in the engine argument because somebody said Honda took the F4i engine and put it into the RR something I knew was false it got way out of hand and I apologize for that but I know these bikes like the back of my hand (better actually) and I know how different the two engines are, no matter what the specs say. The article I posted explains why the specs make them seem like the same engine and that is the same way it has been explaned to me many times before, and you can ask any engine builder about it. Thats why I was gonna post Dan Kyles response to this because he has built more F4i and RR engines than the number of times most of you have sat on your bikes.

Quick Reply: Anyone raced their RR Vs F4i?