Anyone familiar with their brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with their brakes?

So I've been waiting to uprgrade to SS lines because I'm just pushing thosed old rubber lines to the max. They weren't meant to be used like I'm using them, I can actually feel the flex in the lines on an entrance.

So I put some cash down on a set of fronts for the, I think, 2003 600RR. They look like they will work, but the more I think about it, I'm just not sure.

The F3's have that crappy "T" system where the rubber line comes from the master, then T's off on the right side caliper, which then feeds a metal line that is formed around the front fender to the left caliper. It's a sucky setup, but I'm stuck with it unless I want to craft my own system. So me and my shop buddy were searching around the catalog, looking for parts to fab something together, and came across the 600RR replacement SS kit.

It sure looks like it would work, but I tossed down $80 on it to get it ordered, and I'd like to have some peace of mind. I need to get these things on as soon as possible, and I have no patience. So I'm asking you guys...

Have I wasted time, or do you think they can be made to work? I wish I could provide more, like a catalogue pic or something, but I don't have one. The one I orderedhas a "T" in it, but it goes to the center of the two lines feeding the right and left caliper - it's not to the left or right like the OEM lines and it has no metal tubing as does the OEM lines...

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Default RE: Anyone familiar with their brakes?

If you replace the whole system, it should work fine. You could always find an RR cylinder and system to get everything to work. You can find used parts or parts front crashed bikes really cheap if it wont work on your stock setup. I am not totally sure what you are talking about without a picture, as I am a more visual person, so I am not totally understanding the T part you are referring too. You should be able to replace the brake line with a SS line no problem, if it will feed in. Sorry I can be more help, but if you get a picture of exactly what you mean, it may help other or myself answer your question. Sorry if this doesnt totally help

Old 03-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

So worst case scenario, I'm prolly looking at picking up the same model year master cylinder?

Sounds good - thanks man!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:19 PM

Thats what I am thinking, but I am not 100% positive, but as long as the all connect there should be no problems. LEt me know how it goes!