CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Wheel color???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel color???

does anybody know the stock wheel color of the 00 f4? i was going to get some of the chip n scratch paint that comes in the little plastic bottle so i could clean up some dings on my wheels. i thought it was black in color but i went and looked at them and its not just black.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:13 PM

its like a satin black, your local bike shop might have the paint code if you call and ask but i doubt if you will find it at any auto parts store. have you thought about having them powder coated? I actually just left the powder coat shop getting a estimate on my wheels and to put a nice smooth gloss black on them i was told 400 and that covers both wheels

Old 04-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's funny.. I was wondering the same thing... my F4 has wheels that match the body color silver pretty well, so am I to assume that they were powdercoated? I don't think paint would hold up too well, and mine are near perfect.. even the place where one has a small chip looks like a dark gray...

were there different options available for wheels or is black the only way the came from the factory?

Just curious...
Adam

Old 04-02-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ICANDEE
its like a satin black, your local bike shop might have the paint code if you call and ask but i doubt if you will find it at any auto parts store. have you thought about having them powder coated? I actually just left the powder coat shop getting a estimate on my wheels and to put a nice smooth gloss black on them i was told 400 and that covers both wheels
ya i wish i could do that but i don't have 400 bucks to spend. i've been laid off since the end of last summer and nobody is hiring. i hoping to find a quick 5 dollar fix for awhile until i can find a new job.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
It's funny.. I was wondering the same thing... my F4 has wheels that match the body color silver pretty well, so am I to assume that they were powdercoated? I don't think paint would hold up too well, and mine are near perfect.. even the place where one has a small chip looks like a dark gray...

were there different options available for wheels or is black the only way the came from the factory?

Just curious...
Adam
i don't know if there were different options. never seen one with anything other than black wheels. paint would hold up fine if its done right. i satin blacked my frame and subframe. its been a whole year and the only place the paint is coming off is where the metal piece under the seat touches the subframe. and its not like i have a big area to cover its just little nicks here n there.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:50 AM

i feel you on that canhead and good luck on finding work man im there with you on the job deal. i tell you a mod you can do but it takes a little more than 5 bucks, i actually took aircraft stripper and masked off my wheels everything but the lip and then sprayed it on, 10 minutes later i removed the paint with a paper towel, (this works real good on the front wheel but not so well on the back, as you have to apply more effort) I can take a pic if you want and try to post it on here so you can see if you like it. (keep in mind if you have a garage and a little time on your hand with a drimmel tool and polishing tools from harbor freight you can make them look like chrome). just throwing that out there as a little hobby project

Old 04-03-2010, 02:58 AM

the only reason im thinking of doing powder coat on mine is cause i dont like that textured look and im a little to dang lazy to finish what i started since i have to do it with the wheels on the bike and out in the middle of the parking lot. the stuff to polish the wheel is cheap at harbor freight and if youre patient which im not it can look real good if youre into the polished wheel thing that is (only reason i know about this is my boi did my last wheels before the bike was stolen and they ended up looking better than the bike after he was done).