CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Wheel color?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel color?

I've seen quite a few bikes here but I don't recall seeing any that are what I'm going to do. I'm kind of a purest and I'm not a painter of any accomplishment so I'm going to take the easy way out. I'm going black and white. I'm going to paint my fairings white and put black stickers on it. The basic Honda and CBR 600 ones like factory, nothing outrageous, maybe a couple of the "run of the mill" hot rod parts stickers(one shocker for sure) but no flames, graphics or anything like that.

My question is as follows: Should I keep the wheels white? Should I paint the swing arm and hugger black? Black wheels with white tape or white wheels with black tape? I'm going to either paint my stock gas cap black or buy an after market one in black. I've kept the levers naked aluminum. The grips are black and I intend to go with naked aluminum bar ends. The mirrors will be black as well. Just for kicks, I was thinking of painting the front fender in B&W checker. What do you think?

I would like to see some pix of white bikes with black wheels, white wheels or any of the above mentioned combos. I'm having trouble picturing how I want my bike. Forgive me, I don't have much imagination when it comes to stuff like this.

I'll take another gander in the F2 media thread as well just in case I missed some.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default idea?

Originally Posted by Wranghondo
I've seen quite a few bikes here but I don't recall seeing any that are what I'm going to do. I'm kind of a purest and I'm not a painter of any accomplishment so I'm going to take the easy way out. I'm going black and white. I'm going to paint my fairings white and put black stickers on it. The basic Honda and CBR 600 ones like factory, nothing outrageous, maybe a couple of the "run of the mill" hot rod parts stickers(one shocker for sure) but no flames, graphics or anything like that.

My question is as follows: Should I keep the wheels white? Should I paint the swing arm and hugger black? Black wheels with white tape or white wheels with black tape? I'm going to either paint my stock gas cap black or buy an after market one in black. I've kept the levers naked aluminum. The grips are black and I intend to go with naked aluminum bar ends. The mirrors will be black as well. Just for kicks, I was thinking of painting the front fender in B&W checker. What do you think?

I would like to see some pix of white bikes with black wheels, white wheels or any of the above mentioned combos. I'm having trouble picturing how I want my bike. Forgive me, I don't have much imagination when it comes to stuff like this.

I'll take another gander in the F2 media thread as well just in case I missed some.
I am thinking of doing the black rim with white tape as well only because white rims seem to look dirty pretty fast. I am by no means a painter and could use any tips stripping and painting as well.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Well, let's hope someone comes along and educates us eh? Lol!!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 PM

Just a thought...If you know how to or know anyone that is good at photoshop you could try a couple different looks on your bike. I know on a truck forum I'm on they have a photoshop sub forum where you post a pic of your truck and what your thinking on wheels or paint or anything and a couple people will photoshop it for you. We should get something like that on this site!!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by ryans93honda
Just a thought...If you know how to or know anyone that is good at photoshop you could try a couple different looks on your bike. I know on a truck forum I'm on they have a photoshop sub forum where you post a pic of your truck and what your thinking on wheels or paint or anything and a couple people will photoshop it for you. We should get something like that on this site!!
+1

Old 02-24-2012, 05:46 PM

I think you should go with white wheels, but I'm bias

Old 02-25-2012, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by f2fighter600
I think you should go with white wheels, but I'm bias
+1 on that,,A total bitch to clean,and keep clean,but look so gooooood

Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Yep same here , White wheels + f2 = BAD MAMMA JAMMA💀

Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whatttt?????

Originally Posted by fallingspark
+1 on that,,A total bitch to clean,and keep clean,but look so gooooood
You have to admit this looks pretty good.

Name:  IMG_4832.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  79.4 KB

Old 02-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my wheels are or were white... now they just dirty....going to red!!

Quick Reply: Wheel color?