CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

My F4 mod log.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012 | 07:48 PM
|
Track junkie & modaholic

Looks nice, mine is fiberglass but it was only $100. On another note I just bought a 4 drawer tool cabinet for $45 brand new. So that was pretty sweet!

Old 03-09-2012 | 03:33 AM
|
Track junkie & modaholic

Some new stuff is inbound

Old 03-09-2012 | 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by CJardine
Some new stuff is inbound

so you got that rear shock huh???

guess who got the racing plastics

I was going to get a few more things but...the ball pulled on the chain so had to say only the plastics

Old 03-21-2012 | 04:27 AM
|
Track junkie & modaholic

So its been a minute. but here's an update.

Ordered some stuff off a member here and I was pretty excited about it untill I started to install everything. I bought a Penske triple clicker rear shock, a clutch cover (which he had already safety wired ) and them woodcraft frame sliders because I just wasn't getting that warm and fuzzy feeling I wanted from the vortex ones since they are the same design as the ones that failed when I got ran off the road. My secondary air filters came in as well from bike bandit so it was feeling a bit like xmas for the first half of the day.
Woodcraft on the left and vortex on the right. now can you see why I wasn't getting the warm 'n' fuzzy?

Name:  IMAG0599.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  96.0 KB

New clutch cover. Now ain't that pretty. Man geting that old one off was a real PITA.

Name:  IMAG0604.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  81.7 KB
All that black **** you see on the old one would not come off.

So everything was going great got the new sliders installed without a hitch as a matter of fact they are a bit bigger than the vortex one so now I might be able to fix the previous holes in the fairings. Cool. moved onto the rear shock. Put Abby up on some jack stands and swapped the shock like its was nothin. Awesome!! today is turning out to be a great day. Set the shock to factory settings and slapped on my tank to take it for a spin. installed the secondary air filters, had to extract one of the scres due to rust no biggie. Installed the replacement screws and put a light film of grease on them because I live on the coast and rust is not my friend.

Now here is where **** started to go south. I undid the clutch cover bolts and it took almost 10 minutes jut to break the gasket maker free. Once I got the old cover of I thought I might as well inspect my clutch while Im here. Makes sense right (Im well within the wear limits by the way). I start to put back together my clutch and as I'm torquing the clutch spring bolts down, one shears off when I hit ~100 in lbs; now I've still got 6 more in lbs to go.

I start calling all the local shops to try and see if someone had this bolt in stock; which by the way for almost every CBR it is the same part across the board. the Stealership wants $5 for it and will get it here on friday, the local race shop can have it in on wednesday but for $3.50 and Bike Bandit will get it here god knows when and for $3.09. I find a local salvage yard in find two clutch spring bolts that yje guy just gave to me for free. Im thinkin sweet, now I'm set theres no wy this can get ****ed up. I get home start to torque the next one down. But thid time Im not risking it. I convert my 106 in lbs into 8.8 ft lbs and use that torque wrench. I get to 8 ft lbs and this blot shears off again. I went out a bought a brand new torque wrench. used that on got to 8.5 ft lbs and my last bolt shears of. WTF Alright so wtf is going on here. Needless to say I ordered the part and a spare. I plan on trailering my bike to the shop that was going to set up the shock for me and see if their torque wrenches will do the job right.

So with all the frustration I forget to take picks. Maybe eventually I'll take photos of the shenanigans that was going to.

Last edited by CJardine; 05-19-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2012 | 02:56 PM

Hi !

I'm writing from France and just bought an F4 . I find the dashboard to be a little oldish so I've purchased these carbon sticker , I will post more when they arrive here.

SKUR Honda CBR600 F4 99-00 Carbon Fiber Gauge Instrument Cover #173 L | eBay

Old 03-22-2012 | 02:17 PM
|
Track junkie & modaholic

alright so I cam back and took some more pics of the shock and clutch cover when I was calm.

Name:  IMAG0596.jpg
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  IMAG0607.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0608.jpg
Size:  69.6 KB

Here's the jacked up old rear shock
Name:  IMAG0610.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  144.9 KB

Name:  IMAG0611.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  198.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0613.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  185.5 KB

Last edited by CJardine; 05-19-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2012 | 02:49 PM

Good stuff CJardine! Keep it goin'.

Old 03-24-2012 | 03:35 PM
|
Track junkie & modaholic

I'll upload pics later.

Got the new clutch spring bolt in and installed that. Put the new clutch cover one and kept bustin rust. there is only a little bit left and the majority of it should be gone soon with a bunch of bolts ordered. I found a great OEM dealer, super cheap prices. we shall see on the quickness of delivery so I'll get back to you guys. Just to give you an idea on pricing. I ordered $100 worth of OEM parts (not all that difficult) and I priced the same order on bike bandit and it totaled over $200 before shipping. Place is called honda4u.com, they are in Los Angeles and you can pick up in store if your local; I'm not, so I get to wait.

Took the bike for a spin it felt nice to be back in the saddle, Weather was awesome yesterday, almost felt like I was back in Socal. So its fiiting that now my bike is running that it would get all rainy and my next day off is all rainy too. Ordered a bunch of new *** for the bike to include bent tire valves, black fairing bolts, dzus fasteners found a good deal on 14 of them., the integrated /sequential taillight (LED relay as well), Ive been talking to to guys at Jardine Exhaust and they are sending me a new exhaust and Im trying to convince them to part with their last set of headers for the F4i. They dont make them anymore and I want.

Toying with the idea of making my own radiator screen instead of buying one. I want one that will cover the entire area in front of the radiator and headers. either that or finding another way to close off the headers from the front. I like the screen idea more.

Waiting on getting the levers and bake lines until I decide if I want to swap the front end with a 1000rr; cant make up my mind due to reported clearance issues. If someone who has done the swap could chime in on that, cough cough.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-26-2012 | 02:01 PM
|
Track junkie & modaholic

I want to buy a F4 headlight for a project I am starting. I want to install a projector kit on my bike but I wish to keep a spare in case something goes wrong with the install. Can you guys try and help me find one? I would really appreciate it.

Old 03-29-2012 | 06:06 PM

I have an f4 headlight assembly minus the screws to mount it. Its my old one from before i did the conversion.