CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Jet kit + exhaust + airfilter ... lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007 | 01:04 PM
|
Default Jet kit + exhaust + airfilter ... lots of questions

hi... with in the next few months... i wanna splurge a bit of cash on my bone stock f4 with 13,000m ...other than iridium plugs... everything is stock.

i was thinking of doing something not sure what i want exactly..... this bike is my main transportation... and i do road trips too.... this means... i dont want my fuel economy going down... right now i get 150 per tank average... and i am very very happy with that.... and iv been hearing people tell me these mods will make me lose low end power... and improve my mid-high *i like my low end pulling power compared to my friends with R6's... i dont want to lose that as well.

what i dont like is the stock sound.... the flat spot at 5k rpm

and what i wouldnt mind is more power through out the rev range... and i fully understand... if i develope a heavy hand from these new mods i will lose mileage.... ill accept it... as long as its my fault.

---

now... can you guys answer these following questions according to what i want ^

1) with a Jet kit alone ... what should i expect?
2) with an exhaust alone *preferbly an akrapovic titanium slip on* what should i expect?
3) jet + exhaust... what do i expect?
4) jet + exhaust + and possibly bmc race filter what should i expect?

if someone can answer these questions with everything that im looking for... *if it gives me performance and mileage... or just performance... or performance and less mileage etc etc etc*
it would greatly appreciated....

i did do a search... but i havnt found all the answers im looking for yet.... im trying to do a process of elimination and see which set up i realy want...