CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Gas Leak from vent hose on fuel pump

Old 09-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Leak from vent hose on fuel pump

I have a 1999 Honda CBR 600 f4. The fuel pump is leaking Gas. It appears to be comming from the vent hose. Is anyone able to shed some light on this situation. There may even be a bit of Anti Freeze on the ground. It is all comming from the same vent hose off of the fuel pump.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Gas Leak from vent hose on fuel pump

I'd double check that. If water was getting into your fuel system, the bike would hardly run or not run at all. The cooling system is no where near the fuel pump. If there is fuel comming out of the vent hose, than the diaphram might be torn, you may have to replace your pump. As far as the coolant goes, how hot does the bike get? Could it possibly be the overflow? There is an inspection hole at the bottom of your water pump, if it is leaking from out of that hole, then the water pump needs to be replaced, there are no servicable parts for the water pump. It could possibly be that the fuel pump vent outlet is leaking in the same vicinity as your water pump inspection hole, but they shouldn't have any relation with each other than they're drippingat the same place on the ground. Are you sure it's not your carb overflows leaking a bit? If so, then your floats are probably out a little. All the vents and over flows exit around the same vicinity, see if you can trace it back a bit further. jmho.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have narrowed down the problem. It seems as if i am leaking gas from the fuel pump vent hose. The green I was seeing is not coolant. It appears to be a chemical being released from the gas dripping on my driveway as the gas has now eaten a hole in the ground lol. So basically there is a small bowl like casing on the bottom of the fuel pump. (I have now taken the fuel pump off) That "bowl thing" on the bottom has a hose on it that drains that bowl in the event it fill with gas. Now I just need to figure out why that bowl is filling with gas. I may end up replacing the fuel pump. Any suggestion??

Old 09-03-2007, 02:06 PM

I will be ordering a fuel pump tomorrow. It is leaking like crazy now. I took it apart and the seals are all crazied. I will probably have to order directly from the dealer as it is an older fuel pump. Unless anyone knows of a place to order 1999 cbr parts?

Old 09-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you found it.