F4i Fairings on a 99 F4? Is it possible? - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Go Back  CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 600F4
Reload this Page >

F4i Fairings on a 99 F4? Is it possible?

CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

F4i Fairings on a 99 F4? Is it possible?

Old 03-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Default F4i Fairings on a 99 F4? Is it possible?

Fellas and Ladies,
I just bought a '99 f4 from a buddy because he practically gave it to me. I like the f4i body style better though. Can I put all the plastics from a 2001-2003 f4i on my f4? If so, how much fabricating will i have to do? Any help with this question is appreciated.

The Kid

Old 03-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Default RE: F4i Fairings on a 99 F4? Is it possible?

HEY MAN, IM NEW AND I ALSO HAVE A F4 MY SELF, DID U WANT F4I SCHEME OR THE 2ND SEAT? THE F4I FAIRINGS WILL FIT. I NOW SOME OLDER ONES DO I DONT KNOW IF THE 04'05 DO AND I THINK U CAN DO A HEADLIGHT CONVERSION TOO? IM NOT FOR SURE. U GOT A GOOD BIKE THOUGH, TAKE CARE OF IT AND WATCH FOR BAR SLAPERS!

rOB

Old 03-18-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I want to change everything on my F4 to make it look like a 2001-2003 f4i. I just don't know how much modification I will have to do. I need some more advise

Old 03-18-2005, 07:33 PM

IM SURE U CAN DO THE SWITCHING, ITS GONNA TAKE A LITTLE FABRICATING U NEED TO SWAP OUT THE REAR SUBFRAME FOR A F4I ONE . IM ALMOST POSITIVE I SEEN A HOW TO ON THE WEB SOME WHERE. I THINK THE SECOND SEAT WOULD BE COOL BUT I LIKE THE SINGLE LIGHT. I KNOW THE SIDE FAIRINGS WILL SWAP. DONT KNOW IF THE UPPER WILL MATCH UP.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:37 AM

Yes that would help to no since I have a 99 cbr 600 with no fairings and want to no if this is possible

Old 04-03-2011, 03:06 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

i need to get on this bananna seat conversion kit i been wanting to build....subframe swaps would be a thing of the past

the sides for 99-up are all the same except for paint of course. The f4 upper will bolt up just like the f4i upper except for the upper stay is different. The gauge cluster on the f4 is bigger so you might need to do a gauge swap as well as a stay swap but im not sure about that bcuz i havnt had a chance to do the f4i upper swap on my f4.

Im not sure if the f4 stuff will fit under the f4i upper so you would have to ask someone that has had first hand experience on that one.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:15 PM

Ok I no I'm new but what's this upper people talk about
And the upper stay?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Fellas and Ladies,
I just bought a '99 f4 from a buddy because he practically gave it to me. I like the f4i body style better though. Can I put all the plastics from a 2001-2003 f4i on my f4? If so, how much fabricating will i have to do? Any help with this question is appreciated.
Congrats on your new-to-you F4.

You can do the conversion(s). Except for the L & R side fairings, it is *not* a direct swap from F4 to F4i fairings/plastics.

My banana seat to split-seat conversion tutorial (in my photo gallery), shows the complete process & parts required to do the split-seat conversion. Its a very straight forward process & isn't complicated, especially since I've outlined the steps. You'll need the '01-03 rear subframe, rear plastic, battery tray, seats, hardware, etc. Some adaptation btwn the two models is required but not difficult. If any of you need help w/ it, please let me know. I'll be glad to help.

As for as the front of the bike is concerned, you would have to do a front end conversion as well. You'll need the F4i fairing stay, cowl, duct covers, windscreen, gauges, etc. There are a few members here that have done this. Do some searches for the info & pics.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Hey guys all of these swaps are very easy and straight forward. Just to clear a few things up the side fairings on the F4 are the exact same as the F4I all years.

I have done the F4I upper fairing swap it is very easy all you will need is the upper F4I upper Fairing, Windscreen, Fairing Stay, left and Right Intake Ducts, Headlight, Gauge cluster, 99 cbr900rr temp sensor.

Everything bolts up except for the gauge which has to be wired in this is fairly easy to do if you have any experience with automotive wiring. The only down side to this swap is your low fuel light will no longer work. So you will just have to pay attention to how many miles you have ridden.

Here are a few links I used for my swap.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...wap-pic-93064/

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...ap-help-98780/

As far as the tail swap goes I havenít done it but it is supposed to be straight forward.

What you will need (all parts from 01-03 F4I)
Subframe, Front and Rear seats, Passenger foot pegs, Rear plastic, Brake light, Undertail with battery hold.

Like I said I am not exactly sure what else is needed but here are a link to help you out.

F4 tail conversion to a F4i tail - Stunt Bike Forum

I personally didnít want my bike to look like every other bike out there so i am currently working on swapping a 06 600rr tail on to my bike. Here is my thread on that.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/600rr-tail-f4-114843/

Enjoy!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 PM

Its all a parts swap except for a lil wiring for the gauges, no fab work needed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F4i Fairings on a 99 F4? Is it possible?

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.