CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

F4i Gauge Swap Pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Gauge Swap Pic

Well I have rebuilding a wrecked F4 and decided to upgrade it to the F4i style Gauges and fairings complete with the split seat....

So today my goal was to complete the basic gauge swap which I did. Instead of sodering and heat wraping the wiring harness I decided to put plug ends on them to mate the 2 harnesses. I first carfully removed the old plugs (by careful I mean I hacked them off) and then I temporarly wired them up and taped the joints and checked to make sure they worked. I then headed out to radio shack and bought a 12 pin and a 4 pin plug (male and female sides) and sodered the wires to pins and placed them in the plugs.....It worked perfectly and turned out looking reasonably stock

Attached Thumbnails F4i Gauge Swap Pic-photo.jpg  
Old 05-07-2009, 05:14 PM

heres a pic of the plugs

Attached Thumbnails F4i Gauge Swap Pic-photo.jpg  
Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 PM

Nice work, any pics of the completed project or is it not finished?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 PM

I am basically waiting on a few odds and ends, stupid stuff like stator cover gasket, a few bolts and to fill it will oil and gas...

I havent bought the fairings yet because I thought getting it running first would be important.....

Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi dfrye,

I just did the subframe split-seat conversion to my 2000 F4. I've got tons of pics in my gallery if you need 'em.

I've considered doing the F4i gage swap myself. Any other issues you've had w/ the cluster besides wiring 'em up?

Old 05-07-2009, 10:06 PM

pretty much did all you're doing now back in september but I'm curious, did you put the f4i temperature sensor in your bike because I didn't and mine simply reads 270* all the time. I know I need to get the f4i sensor but was just curious if you did it because yours reads 256...still high so I'm thinking maybe you didn't. That and the red dummy light...I got the same thing going on lol.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:14 AM

GotCBr- I did actually already look at your tutorial and found it extremely helpful as I did mine 2 days ago....

I havent really tested out the gauges yet because the bike isnt running as of yet, I bought it with a cracked case around the stator cover and had to have that welded and havent finished putting the stator back on so I dont have any oil,antifreeze or gas in the bike right now...I wont get the chance to ride it for probably another month but I do plan on swapping out the temp sensor so that it works as it should and I plan on making sure the red dummy light is out as well (I was hoping it just was on because there was no oil in the bike). So I'll keep you guys posted if I find any bugs or solutions to problems with them

Old 05-10-2009, 08:33 PM

yea i did a complete f4i fairing swap 2 yrs ago and ive been using the f4 guages (which don't mount up) they've been floppin around. i didn't know if the f4i guages would work, so how difficult is it to match up the wires correctly?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 AM

its actually really easy, pretty much the colors match up....but I did and would use a wiring diagram from the F4i and the F4 to verify everthing. Also and you'll want to disconect your battery prior to doing any of it

Old 05-11-2009, 11:42 AM

Aren't the RPM's different? Also where is the thread that shows you how to do this? I searched but no luck.. Thanx

Quick Reply: F4i Gauge Swap Pic