Opo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry the links were broken in my last post, heres the pics:

http://redline-shift.ca/2000cbr600f4/photo1.JPG
http://redline-shift.ca/2000cbr600f4/photo2.JPG
http://redline-shift.ca/2000cbr600f4/photo3.JPG
http://redline-shift.ca/2000cbr600f4/photo4.JPG
http://redline-shift.ca/2000cbr600f4/photo5.JPG

This morning I got the proper Thermosensor from the 98-99 CBR900RR installed and hooked the air box back up and the gas tank back up and fired up the bike. The solid red light on the dash is now gone, and the temperature reading reads correctly now, thanks guys!

But I am still having some other problems, after getting the proper thermosensor installed I was letting the bike run to let it warm up so I could check and make sure my rad fan was working correctly. In the meantime I started to put the front fairing back on, and a few seconds after plugging in my headlights the bike starts to stutter and then stalls itself out, very weird. So I start it right back up and after a minute or so it stalls again. Now one of the previous owners re-wired the headlights so that both low beams come on and both high beams come on, which I personally do like, so I started thinking that maybe because both low beams are on that its causing too much draw or something and the bike stalls out? so I unplugged one of the headlights so that only one was plugged in and started the bike up again and it still stalled itself out.

The plot thickens some more.... currently my tail lights are messed up, they're constantly on, so some idiot messed up that wiring too.... so I have to check that out and get that fixed because no one will be able to tell when I'm braking and that will obviously cause it to fail safety too.

So I guess my question is... would both brake lights being lit up constantly and one low beam being on with the bike running be too much draw and stall the bike? I obviously think something else is going on here because if that were the case then every time you'd come up to a stop light the bike would probably be stalling on you....

Also, the bike would stall itself out when i plugged in the headlights regardless if the rad fan was on or not, it did it with the rad fan off and it also did it with the rad fan on....

I made a YouTube video here to help explain:

2000 Honda CBR600F4 with F4i front end and split seat conve - YouTube

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them. I have to get this stalling issue fixed, fix the brake lights, install my new rear pads, then I can finally take the bike in for safety which is going to cost me because it needs a new rear tire because there is a nail in it..... then I can hopefully finally ride this thing! I bought my gear yesterday and can't wait much longer lol

Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Opo

Okay so I raised my idle up and that has stopped the bike from stalling with the headlights plugged in. Also I fixed my brake lights, it was just stuck/corroded brake switches, cleaned em up and they work perfectly now. Also I installed my new rear brake pads. So I'm hopefully going to be able to take it in for safety tomorrow.

One question I have though is the bike idles rough at times (like hunts around a bit or stutters), is that usually a sign of the carbs needing a good cleaning or something else?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:12 PM

any one have detailed instructions on the f4i dash into the f4? like idiot proof instructions? im wanting to do the dash swap aswell..

Old 08-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...thread-129237/ this has a ton of info and links for doing the swap.

Originally Posted by rpmraper
any one have detailed instructions on the f4i dash into the f4? like idiot proof instructions? im wanting to do the dash swap aswell..

Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Opo

Thanks everyone for all the help, I got everything sorted out on the bike now and have been riding it for the last few days, unfortunately now some rain has come in but its leaving again soon lol

Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so what was the cause of it all? or the remedy? curious..

Old 09-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Opo

The problem with the headlights was something to do with the type of bulbs that are in it right now, so I put in a 15 amp fuse and it hasn't blown since and they've been working perfectly since that.

The problem I had with the signals failing sometimes was just some bad wiring by the previous owner, I pinpointed it and fixed it.

The bike idles nicer now, I think it just needed to be run as it had been sitting for awhile before I bought it.

The bike was stalling because with both headlights on, the brake lights stuck on, and the rad fan on it was too much to keep up with I guess, but since I've fixed the brake lights it hasn't stalled once since then.

The bike needed a new front and rear tire to pass safety, everything else was good. And I've been enjoying it for a couple weeks now.

Thanks again everyone for all the help.