CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

R6 Tail Swap almost complete on my streetfighter :D

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went and baught one of them piece o sh*t Hongkong ebay single seat cowl that everyone tells you not to buy for £30 ... and to my supprise you actually couldnt tell that it wasnt a deal item its such good quality, except a dealer one would have cost about £100+

Its cleaned the bike up so much need one of the newer shapped R1 saddles now though as the front saddles covering the key hole to remove the single seat cowl, and hopefully some time this month get round to fibre glassing up some covers for the front of the sub frame.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
I went and baught one of them piece o sh*t Hongkong ebay single seat cowl that everyone tells you not to buy for £30 ... and to my supprise you actually couldnt tell that it wasnt a deal item its such good quality, except a dealer one would have cost about £100+

Its cleaned the bike up so much need one of the newer shapped R1 saddles now though as the front saddles covering the key hole to remove the single seat cowl, and hopefully some time this month get round to fibre glassing up some covers for the front of the sub frame.
Have you considered fiberglassing onto the tail around the lower end
where the gap is between your tail and lower farings?
you probably can't notice it much when you are on the bike,
but when the frame shows it always bothers me.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
Have you considered fiberglassing onto the tail around the lower end
where the gap is between your tail and lower farings?
you probably can't notice it much when you are on the bike,
but when the frame shows it always bothers me.

Thats what i ment by

hopefully some time this month get round to fibre glassing up some covers for the front of the sub frame.
lol

Old 03-29-2010, 01:28 AM

haha sorry let me add onto that a bit
are you going to recreate where it meets the lower fairings as well?
or simply cover up the frame?

I saw a guy who merged the front end of the f3 plastics tail
cut that front part,
and fiberglassed onto the yamaha back end of the tail,
so it looked like a factory flawless piece...

am i making since?
ive had a few beers.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 AM

edit:

i guess with the f4 front fairings, it might be a tad different.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:58 AM

Yer i get what you mean but it wouldnt look right as it will just come to a straight end wich wont lighn up with anything, i plan on making something like the what the R1 has but making it in 3 sections so on the left hand side the middle section will be on a latch and a hinge so i can still get to the tool box compartment on the battery box.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:46 PM

don't get me wrong, it looks pretty snazzy right now, but I love full body plastics.. and the whole f3 body has grown on me (cept the tail)

Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 AM

I know some people arent gunna like this and im gunna get all sorts of abuse for it but i dont give a flying F**k about hearing about how it wont corner well, its my bike and i got a F2 comming on wednesday that will be my bike for thrashing so dont even bother with the comments like that lol now i got that lil moan over ...... started lowering the bike today, The rear still needs lowering ever so slightly which ill do once i got the +6 inch extended F4 swingarm on (which im gunna put a 900RR 190 rim in with a 200 rear tire) and the front needs raising about 1 or 2cm as its 1/2cm away from hitting the F4i Front when ive got the steering on full lock turning and if i was to hit a pothole whilst turning it could just touch it which i dont want happening lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB4KEczUbCA

Will get pics later.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Old 04-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Screw it, it's your bike, if you want it lowered, lower it. Personally I'm not big on lowered/streched sportbikes, but if it's your bike, you get to decide what to do to it. Don't worry about other people 'accepting it', as long as you're happy with the results
I know some people arent gunna like this and im gunna get all sorts of abuse for it but i dont give a flying F**k about hearing about how it wont corner well, its my bike and i got a F2 comming on wednesday that will be my bike for thrashing so dont even bother with the comments like that lol now i got that lil moan over ...... started lowering the bike today, The rear still needs lowering ever so slightly which ill do once i got the +6 inch extended F4 swingarm on (which im gunna put a 900RR 190 rim in with a 200 rear tire) and the front needs raising about 1 or 2cm as its 1/2cm away from hitting the F4i Front when ive got the steering on full lock turning and if i was to hit a pothole whilst turning it could just touch it which i dont want happening lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB4KEczUbCA

Will get pics later.

Quick Reply: R6 Tail Swap almost complete on my streetfighter :D