CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

R6 Tail Swap almost complete on my streetfighter :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianinflorida
Are the indicators very visible from the rear at 20 feet or so? Looks great, just not sure how well the indicators would be seen by following motorists.
Yer can see the indicators fine mate especially as there so bright and poke slightly out of the fairing rather than just being smooth against it.

I just got messing with the bike again and .... well ..... its not a fighter anymore, i know everyones done this and its nothing original but i've dessided to put a F4I front end on it, but i used the fairing mount of my f4 rather than buying a F4i Mount wich ment i could keep my analoug speedo for now rather than having to buy digital.

Im currently missing the left fairing and left mirror but will buy them on payday, just now need to split the headlight wireing to run both headlights and figureout how to wire the f4 speedo into the f3 loom ..... or find a guid on how to do it lol.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 AM

Has anyone seen a F4 swingarm put in a F3? i thaught it would have been something plenty of people would have tried but just did a quick search of the forum and google and cant find nothing, i got a F4 for £150 few months ago and it had been crashed, and were the motors been smashed open and left for 18 months its started to rust the generator and sump and imagine probly more aswell and with the forks being fooked as well i might as well just start throwing the good bits on the F3 instead of wasting time rebuilding it all.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Im currently missing the left fairing and left mirror but will buy them on payday, just now need to split the headlight wireing to run both headlights and figureout how to wire the f4 speedo into the f3 loom ..... or find a guid on how to do it lol."

I suggest getting a dual HID kit, which would split your wiring anyways, but at the plug via an adapter, and no splicing

Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
Has anyone seen a F4 swingarm put in a F3? i thaught it would have been something plenty of people would have tried but just did a quick search of the forum and google and cant find nothing, i got a F4 for £150 few months ago and it had been crashed, and were the motors been smashed open and left for 18 months its started to rust the generator and sump and imagine probly more aswell and with the forks being fooked as well i might as well just start throwing the good bits on the F3 instead of wasting time rebuilding it all.
Well I would imagine it's doable. The f4i shock should mate up to the F3 mount. Not sure how much it would mess with your ride height either way, though the f4i shock swap is fairly common, and leads me to believe that there is enough similarity in the geometry of the two setups that it might be able to be bolt-on without modifying the shock mounts. Hard to say for sure though, I'm not sure if the shock linkage is significantly different on the f4i. (take a look, since you have both setups in front of you )

You'll probably have to look into custom spacers and whatnot for mating the swingarm to the F3 frame.

Don't know if you'll run into any issues with the sprocket alignment, which is another thing to probably consider.

I do think it would be a sexy improvement over the squared-off F3 swingarm.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM

Def get the HID's. They are worth every penny lol

Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
I suggest getting a dual HID kit, which would split your wiring anyways, but at the plug via an adapter, and no splicing
Deff going to go the HID way me thinks

Only reason i asked if anyone had done the swingarm mod themselfs is to see what spacers i would need so could get them made up before stripping the bike down lol

Got the F4 tank on there yesterday, had to move the tail back about 3/4 inch though and extend the fuel line as the petecock is on the otherside.

The jackup kit needs lowering today lol

Old 03-02-2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Well I would imagine it's doable. The f4i shock should mate up to the F3 mount. Not sure how much it would mess with your ride height either way, though the f4i shock swap is fairly common, and leads me to believe that there is enough similarity in the geometry of the two setups that it might be able to be bolt-on without modifying the shock mounts. Hard to say for sure though, I'm not sure if the shock linkage is significantly different on the f4i. (take a look, since you have both setups in front of you )

You'll probably have to look into custom spacers and whatnot for mating the swingarm to the F3 frame.

Don't know if you'll run into any issues with the sprocket alignment, which is another thing to probably consider.

I do think it would be a sexy improvement over the squared-off F3 swingarm.
Just took the F4 shock off and droped the f3 wheel out to quickly compair the shocks and looks like it would bolt in with no modification but will wait till i got the f4 swingarm on to find out.

Dont have the tool for removing the f4s swingarm so thatll have to wait a week until i get payed and have a day off to get the bit and drop it out and by then the f4 tire should be here, BUT took a few measurments of the swingarm and it seems like it will fit in the frame but its so tight it might rub the frame on both sides so will probly grind it down the tinyest bit just so i can fit a washer in there either side.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:55 PM

niiice progreass man!!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
Just took the F4 shock off and droped the f3 wheel out to quickly compair the shocks and looks like it would bolt in with no modification but will wait till i got the f4 swingarm on to find out.

Dont have the tool for removing the f4s swingarm so thatll have to wait a week until i get payed and have a day off to get the bit and drop it out and by then the f4 tire should be here, BUT took a few measurments of the swingarm and it seems like it will fit in the frame but its so tight it might rub the frame on both sides so will probly grind it down the tinyest bit just so i can fit a washer in there either side.
Yea I think it's the actual mounting of the swingarm at the pivot point to the frame where you'll run into trouble, if any.

Keep us updated, very cool idea!

Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM

The only mod that really and quite obciously stands out as needing to be done is that the F4 Swingarm bolt is bigger than the F3 one so either will have to make a sleeve to slide in the swingarm to make the hole smaller so the f3 bolt fits or drill the holes were the bolt goes threw the frame so the F4 Bolts fits lol.

Just waiting for the tire to come threw and for a day off to do it, first day off is in 8 days

Quick Reply: R6 Tail Swap almost complete on my streetfighter :D