CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

R6 Tail Swap almost complete on my streetfighter :D

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot stress how amazingly sexy that looks.
That tail and my girlfriend have been the only things to get---
well anyways, awesome AWESOME sexy job...

I'd like a walkthrough sticky if you have the patience... I'm sure dirt would love to put it up there... Interested?

I really wanna copy your tail... I think i'm in love.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yer i plan on throwing a guid together once i've finalised the tail, havnt got the rear saddle threw yet so hav'nt got any idea as of yet how easy its going to be to use the seat lock off my f4 for it.

I will do a small guid for the tank at somepoint soon as well, very simple that one was, i've seen a guid on a f2 fitting the tank before but that guy had gone over the top with cutting sh*t off and bending stuff when it just wasnt needed at all lol

Old 03-13-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
yer i plan on throwing a guid together once i've finalised the tail, havnt got the rear saddle threw yet so hav'nt got any idea as of yet how easy its going to be to use the seat lock off my f4 for it.

I will do a small guid for the tank at somepoint soon as well, very simple that one was, i've seen a guid on a f2 fitting the tank before but that guy had gone over the top with cutting sh*t off and bending stuff when it just wasnt needed at all lol
awesome!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:53 PM

I know it sounds pretty ****t with them stumpys on there at the moment but got the first part of the linkpipe welded up today, unfortunatly my mate had to shoot off before we could weld the second one up but its allreay to go on so hopefully next weekend.

Plan is once i got the important work done then ill spend money on R1 exhausts or some rashed up yoshis and stumpy them theese cans are a cheap £100 Viper set for the both that i baught for my ZX600E about 4 years ago lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_lAcb3e0c

O and i worked out how to wire the fuel sender up so i can use the fuel light just got to wait until i can get some bullet conectors tommorow then shall do it

Last edited by STREETFIGHTER88; 03-21-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
I know it sounds pretty ****t with them stumpys on there at the moment but got the first part of the linkpipe welded up today, unfortunatly my mate had to shoot off before we could weld the second one up but its allreay to go on so hopefully next weekend.

Plan is once i got the important work done then ill spend money on R1 exhausts or some rashed up yoshis and stumpy them theese cans are a cheap £100 Viper set for the both that i baught for my ZX600E about 4 years ago lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_lAcb3e0c

O and i worked out how to wire the fuel sender up so i can use the fuel light just got to wait until i can get some bullet conectors tommorow then shall do it
take some pix of that fuel sensor hookup so i have an idea of what ill be doing come summer

Old 03-21-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
take some pix of that fuel sensor hookup so i have an idea of what ill be doing come summer
Thinking of a black F4 or F4i tank are ya ?

Its actually real simple and your prediction was right, it wires straight into the speedo loom.

Yer im sad, i drew a diagram of the loom and looked up what each wire was used for on the F4 and on the F3 to see what needed to connect to what before wireing in my speedo .... so what. lol

So the sensor wires straight in to the Brown and Black wire and splices into the green and black wires.

The white and brown wires just seem to do nothing though! everywere i look they dont mention what the white and brown wires do at all.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Coming along good!

Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 PM

nice. good to know.
and yea, i am hunting an f4i tank, gonna drop in the sensor and finally get the temp sensor i guess.

how well does your tank fit?
seems to fit well with a touch of modification, and love.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
nice. good to know.
and yea, i am hunting an f4i tank, gonna drop in the sensor and finally get the temp sensor i guess.

how well does your tank fit?
seems to fit well with a touch of modification, and love.
just needed 2 brackets (Attached to this post)

and the fuel tap is on the otherside so you need a longer bit of fuel hose, and the fuel tap "JUST" gets in the way of the frame so just need to twist it 2 or 3 degreese and give it the softest tap with a rubber mallet and it clears the frame.

i saw one guy cut a chunk out of his frame to fit the fuel tap in .... WTF!!! lol

Attached Thumbnails R6 Tail Swap almost complete on my streetfighter :D-brackets.jpg  

Last edited by STREETFIGHTER88; 03-21-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:07 PM

awesome help, as always buddy,
gracias

Quick Reply: R6 Tail Swap almost complete on my streetfighter :D