CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

plugs fouled ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow plugs fouled ??

well i got bike to start and i was riding it for about 2hrs then parked it for the night..next day i go to crank it and it wont start! my petcock doesnt shut off all the way ,drips gas even on off. could this have fouled my plugs ? i took them of yesterday and they were black and a little wet. I put them back in but it only sounds it wants to start.. sounds like it had better spark it would fire up.Is it normal to change plugs after a carb cleaning and since i been spaying starter fluid down carbs for about 2 weeks trying to get it to start?does pilot screw have anything to do with fouling plugs if its not set right? im going to put a shut off valve between carbs and fuel pump but for now i m back to drip feed till i figure this out. any help pleaseps i got cr9eh-9 ngks installed for a 96 f3

Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmanr
well i got bike to start and i was riding it for about 2hrs then parked it for the night..next day i go to crank it and it wont start! my petcock doesnt shut off all the way ,drips gas even on off. could this have fouled my plugs ? i took them of yesterday and they were black and a little wet. I put them back in but it only sounds it wants to start.. sounds like it had better spark it would fire up.Is it normal to change plugs after a carb cleaning and since i been spaying starter fluid down carbs for about 2 weeks trying to get it to start?does pilot screw have anything to do with fouling plugs if its not set right? im going to put a shut off valve between carbs and fuel pump but for now i m back to drip feed till i figure this out. any help pleaseps i got cr9eh-9 ngks installed for a 96 f3
No, the petcock leaking is not going to foul your plugs. The float and float needle control fuel entering the carburetor. Having a fully charged battery when trying to start is needed. Weak battery, weak spark. Yes, having the pilot screw adjusted improperly would cause your plugs to foul. There is a procedure for adjusting the pilot screw in the shop manual. The procedure is called the Idle Drop Procedure.