CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

On and off vibration... need any help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On and off vibration... need any help!

I've had my F3 for about half a year or so now and I'm experiencing a strange problem now. Every now and then the seat just starts vibrating to the point where my *** goes numb in minutes! It started happening after I put on frame sliders and a chain and sprocket kits(520 and -1 on the front). My slip on also sits kinda loose in the strap thing that bolts to the passenger peg.

The front wheel also is kinda messed up. It has a decent size dent in it and leaks ever so slightly from that part of the bead. Like if I have it at 36 psi it will drop over a day or soto 25 but it stays there. This happened when I hit a VERY deep pothole. When i hit it it also caused the peices of the upper fairing to become unaligned, or that could have happened from the vibration.

Also I got new contour rotors and new pads(sintered metal) for the front brakes, and they make a strange noise. Almost like the buzzing of a transformer on a telephone pole.

Heres a timeline of this stuff that happened to make it easier to understand.

1. Got the new rotors and pads and put them on.
2. Hit the pothole and bent the front rim causing it to leak.
3. Put on the framesliders and 520 chain/sprocket kit.
4. Vibrations began.

Also the frame sliders don't seem to ever be tight enough to not spin. They are some kind of black plastic. I can tighten the **** out of the bolt but the frameslider still can spin, atleast on the left side.

If anyone has any clue what could be the cause please fill me in. Im desperate! I can't even take it to a shop because the vibration only happens occasionally. Also there is a very slight vibration that I can feel through the rearsets and clipons, but I think it also vibrated slightly, I just cant remember and I also think im a little paranoid about it.

I love my F3 but this problem is making me want to just get rid of it and get a new bike.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Default RE: On and off vibration... need any help!

Don't know about the other stuff, but you need to replace your front rim, it's not safe.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Yea, thats the first thing I'm buying with my first paycheck. I just started a new job and up until now I've had like 50 cents in my bank account

Old 10-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The on off vibration in the seat could be from the road surface you're riding on. I've never had vibrations in the seat but it might be. I know this is a silly question but, does the vibration only happen on a certain road(s) you travel on? One more thing.When the vibration happens, can you feelit in the handle bars? As I was making sure I spelled everything correctly, something else came to mind. Check to make sure that all the bolts in the suspension andengine mounts aren't loose.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 PM

Nah its definitly not the road because when it happens it keeps happening until i turn the bike off and then ride it later
i can't really tell if it makes it vibrate in the handklebars any more then usual, it just vibrates the seat ALOT