CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Vibration Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration Help

My bike recently developed a Vibration Its more prominent about 50mph you can feel it in the foot pegs and handle bars. Is there any common things on these bikes to look at first. The I recently synced the carbs and after that its has become a more noticeable issue which i wouldn't think would have anything to do with it. Any thoughts would be helpful.. the bike does have almost 35k on it... so some vibrations and what not is expected but this is almost numbing

Old 05-21-2009, 05:31 PM

Maybe you didn't put something back properly after doing the carb sync? I synced my carbs the other day and lost a rubber thingy from under the tank... now I get a bit of vibration noise at certain rpm.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To eliminate engine vibration ride at the same RPM's in a different gear and see if you still have a problem. If not then I'd say it's a wheel balance issue.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:30 PM

Its seems to be related to the RPM and not the MPH of the bike... where does that leave me as far things to look for... thanks guys

Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 PM

Does the vibration go away if you pull the clutch in? If not I'd look into the spinny bits, maybe you've lost a wheel weight?

Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is a RPM vibration then it could just be a motor mount loose or a rubber grommet deteriorated. Possibly the flywheel or clutch basket out of balance. If it happened all at once I'd say something flew off an engine spinny bit ... a gradual worsening sounds more like something getting loose. Either way syncing the carbs should not have an effect on it.

I will say that I had a bike (forget if it was a Kaw or Suki) that would vibrate like hell at 4750 RPMs ... never figured out why and other people had similar vibration.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I synced my carbs couple of weeks ago myself. The bike runs better and idles more smoothly. Still, I am in fact experiencing the exact same as you... more RPM vibration.

So far ive only assumed i somehow got the sync wrong (despite the improved engine power). Thus I had planned on doing the sync again this weekend to check if the sync is good or not.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 AM

I am heading out to go over the bike again today check engine mounts and see what I can come up with. I have heard people mention a balancing shaft?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any more thoughts on this?

I just re-synched my carbs, but it made no difference. The vibrations was not there prior to synching.

Its certainly RPM vibrations and its definately not an engine mount issue.
If I set adjust the carbs out of sync (to the setting they where prior to syncing), the vibrations are reduced significantly. Unfortunately that also reduces engine response aswell.

The bike has always had a noticable vibration in 5th gear (so i seldom use 5th).
Now the vibration is there regardless of gear. Its even there in neutral. ITs there in the entire rpm range, but more prominent from 7k and up.

I was planning on checking the valve clearance and changing the spark plugs next weekend anyway. Not really sure if that will fix anything, but we'll see. Besides that the bike runs great. Perfect acceleration and throttle response.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:49 PM

Yeah that about the same boat I am in... It seems to be related to the RPMS I am wondering if a new chain and sprockets will make a difference at all.. I am hoping someone will say something on here that will make sense.

Quick Reply: Vibration Help