CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

just got my first bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=NAP2AZ;962898]Ha just browsin thru my old posts thought I would give a first season update. Good advice above. Only except I ended up getting a shoei helmet, but feel safer without it. (full face)

You feel safer without the helmet??

Old 09-04-2010, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by xricer
You feel safer without the helmet??
not up for debate but yes. I feel better having an unobstructed view to see every possible hazzard.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by NAP2AZ

Question.. How long do these bikes last?? I just hit 38000miles

depends on how they were taken care of

Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM

Hopefully this hasn't been said, (i only browsed through the posts) a good exterior mod would be the '97-'98 tail & Clear Alternatives Integrated tail light.. Much brighter than stock and gets rid of those ugly OEM turn signals.

Not sure if it was answered, but to clean up the under side above the tire, you want an undertail. You do have to do a little modding, but it's not bad. Let us know what you wanna do and we can give you the steps to do so!

BTW, cool bike and welcome to the forums!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not up for debate but yes. I feel better having an unobstructed view to see every possible hazzard.
True, it's not up for debate: you're not safer. You're in more danger without the helmet.
Regarding claims that helmets obstruct vision, studies show full-coverage helmets provide only minor restrictions in horizontal peripheral vision. A 1994 study found that wearing helmets restricts neither the ability to hear horn signals nor the likelihood of seeing a vehicle in an adjacent lane prior to initiating a lane change. To compensate for any restrictions in lateral vision, riders increased their head rotation prior to a lane change. There were no differences in hearing thresholds under three helmet conditions: no helmet, partial coverage, and full coverage. The noise typically generated by a motorcycle is so loud that any reduction in hearing capability that may result from wearing a helmet is inconsequential. Sound loud enough to be heard above the engine can be heard when wearing a helmet.
Good luck

Last edited by Kuroshio; 09-08-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:00 AM

Amazing... I get paranoid just riding the bike up and down the road without a helmet. Considering this is your first bike, and you take it out for a 120mph nighttime ride, wearing only sunglasses i presume, I dont think i have any advice for you, your problems will most likely solve themselves before long...

If you do want any advice however, my best (this is from someone who has only owned a bike for a year) would be to dont get ahead of yourself. If this is your first bike, you WILL make mistakes, do yourself a favor and make those mistakes at low speed, wearing protective gear.
No lesson intended, just trying to look out for you mate...