CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How to Install an amp & speakers on an F3

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see where your coming from on the loud music and respect of other drivers that it may annoy or bother. i dont think thats what he's going for. thanks for stepping up and apologizing henry...most people would have left it as it was. sooooooo murdocity how is the install going....dont forget to get some pics of everything

Old 10-26-2009, 11:12 AM

henry, thanks for the apology, I'm not trying to blast the pants off somebody or knock over a kid. I just got two little speakers and a small 150 watt amp, that's all. I respect your opinion and thanks for not unleashing hell on the thread.

theclevingers, I didn't get a chance to install this weekend cuz I'm looking for something to mount the speakers on. I looked at my bike and the only place where my speakers will fit are gonna be inside the tail fairings, but I gotta make a mount for them cuz I don't want to drill into the fairings. I will post up pics soon

Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 PM

Hey just wondering how it's coming along. I'm very interested in doing the same sort of thing. I'm big on car audio but miss it when riding motorcycle. Thanks for posting about the pyramid amp- looked it up on Amazon and now it's like 20 bucks haha. What kind of speakers did you go with? I've been looking around and it's hard to find some marine/waterproof speakers so I was considering going with some regular car audio speakers and just covering them in the rain and while the bike's stored. Show some pics etc.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:05 PM

^^^ I installed everything and it sounds bad ***, I found some stuff out like 1. you probably only need 1 speaker, mounting both speakers was a pain in the *** there is little room to fit. 2. You don't need waterproof speakers, it all depends where you mount them. I mounted my speaker inside the left tail fairing. the Amp is bolted under the seat. I ran an ipod cable to the front. I will post up pics tonight. I got 5 inch speakers but I recommend you go with something smaller and that way you can maybe mount two speakers perfectly. I'm gonna add some tweeters in the front for more of a boost.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:44 PM

I was planning on 2 Sony 4" speakers or something of the like. Also noticed you have an F3 and I have an F4i. I'm pretty sure I saw someone say that there's more room on the F4i's. I saw someone managed to fit them under the handlebars, so I'm thinking either there or in front by the cluster. How's the sound quality and can you still hear it at 65-70? Definitely planning on doing this before spring comes

Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by murdocity
^^^ I installed everything and it sounds bad ***, I found some stuff out like 1. you probably only need 1 speaker, mounting both speakers was a pain in the *** there is little room to fit. 2. You don't need waterproof speakers, it all depends where you mount them. I mounted my speaker inside the left tail fairing. the Amp is bolted under the seat. I ran an ipod cable to the front. I will post up pics tonight. I got 5 inch speakers but I recommend you go with something smaller and that way you can maybe mount two speakers perfectly. I'm gonna add some tweeters in the front for more of a boost.
Reviving an old thread I know, but it’s for my own selfish reasons.

I was wondering murdocity if you every got around to posting the picture of the bike because I can’t seem to find it. I am interested to see how it looks because I want to install some on my bike for some shows.