CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Honk Kong Fairings (LOTS OF PICTURES)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blakesgst
Couldnt of said it better myself, one other thing. Communication is bad due to the fact they dont speak english well. They paint the kits to order so you can have them change things a bit for you, i had actually asked for my 7 star kit to be all black with no silver and that translated to "less silver" :P This is the company i ordered from as well just for another option....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Gl with the painting spicy! I bought all the equipment a few years ago and tried twice and it didnt go well at all so i gave up! haha

Blake

oh agreed man.
i sent several emails to them and got little response.

the tank shouldn't be too bad, and the tail piece should be in
within the next few days.

Expect lots of pictures.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys just a thought if these new panels scratch so badly would it worth getting a clear coat over the top just before they go on the bike?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Weegee
Hey guys just a thought if these new panels scratch so badly would it worth getting a clear coat over the top just before they go on the bike?
you may be able to get them on without getting a scratch on them
but that doesn't sound like a half bad idea.
but they are glossy as mess already.

i should have paint of the tank and the new gauge face pics by the morning.
stay in touch
new parts are also coming in the next few days.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love all the photos to show everything, but you gotta think the reason why it doesnt fit right is cause its not the same year.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Craig84
love all the photos to show everything, but you gotta think the reason why it doesnt fit right is cause its not the same year.
well yea and now i have the new tail and everything is gravy sure, but my point was i found a 95-96 ONLY, and it came 97-98.
So my point was, they could do the same to you, or even worse, send you a 95-96 tail and you ordered the 97-98

Old 01-31-2010, 06:34 AM

how you doing guys? so let me get this straight... so if I don't have alot of extra time and money and have no idea how to adjust the fairings, don't get the hong kong ones right? Or if I'm wrong as anybody found a good hong kong fairing for a 96 F3? Hell does anybody have stock fairings to a 96 f3 that aren't broken. Every piece of mine is damaged at some point on the bike. I only paid $1600 for it.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by bikerboy46032
how you doing guys? so let me get this straight... so if I don't have alot of extra time and money and have no idea how to adjust the fairings, don't get the hong kong ones right? Or if I'm wrong as anybody found a good hong kong fairing for a 96 F3? Hell does anybody have stock fairings to a 96 f3 that aren't broken. Every piece of mine is damaged at some point on the bike. I only paid $1600 for it.
if you know how to mod fairings, and a ton of patience, hong kong fairings can work for you sure, they worked for me fine (plastics arent a big deal for me).

But ebay, searching and buying every piece is the best answer, all oem. Nothing fits better than oem. However there are other options

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98...Q5fAccessories

Some places make aftermarket tails and whatnot as you can see... but if you aren't experienced with the fairings, I would recommend you read up a bit on how they are mounted i the manual (aka fairing stay, mount points, and all that jazz) and then do something small like change your oil (which involves removing some fairings.

Believe it or not, they aren't that bad to get on and off, it just takes some time and a ton of patience.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:50 PM

i took the fairings off the other day only to find out the previous owner and them bondo'd together and he had broken the clips. also what color should i paint the tail? I was thinking a metallic neon blue to go with the neon yellow on the front fairings (which are just fine).

Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 PM

paint em whatever colors you like, because you can always repaint them later

Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 AM

I might go with that fiberglass piece. do you know anything about them? everything pre drilled?

Quick Reply: Honk Kong Fairings (LOTS OF PICTURES)