CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Honk Kong Fairings (LOTS OF PICTURES)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha damn, I kinda figured that tank cover was gonna be a joke. First of all, there's no real easy way about painting these tanks because of how the decals are under a thick a$$ clear coat. Easiest route would be to mask off the Honda & wing and spray everything else black and just have a ridge where the old "current black" stripe is. Would it be noticable ... yes, would you see it from 10 feet away ... prob not. Otherwise you'll need to do thru the task of sanding everything down, getting the decals out and then getting everything primed and painted. I resprayed all my fairings and also the tank and don't thing I'll ever do that again! Paid over $200 in paint supplies and countless hours sanding and prepping. The prep work was a breeze for me, its final paint that made me want to kill

Old 10-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Where did you get your gauges? Was it a simple install? bolt right on?

Old 10-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_BR
Where did you get your gauges? Was it a simple install? bolt right on?
the gauges were an easy modd.
on cbforum as f3 >> f4i gauge modd.
there's a turotial and mind you, its incredibly easy.

easy as cake.

but as far as the fairings go,
i got the taillight and mount, and ill wait to get them installed and then post some pics.

for you hong kong purchasers, be careful of the closeness of the fairings to the exaust and pipes, it caused quite the warping for me, but i fixed it. also note the closeness of the lower right/left and the connection to the tail fairings. there is a gap that needs to be modded.

its in pics.

Love you guys.
kinda.

...(possibly drunk)

Old 10-09-2009, 01:52 AM

about the drunk parts.
listen up.

china sucks compared to stock.

if you have the choice, go with stock.
it fits better than happy meals at mcdonalds.
no really.
i love you too.
find ebay stock fairings first.

seriously.
twice.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Northernfirepower
Haha damn, I kinda figured that tank cover was gonna be a joke. First of all, there's no real easy way about painting these tanks because of how the decals are under a thick a$$ clear coat. Easiest route would be to mask off the Honda & wing and spray everything else black and just have a ridge where the old "current black" stripe is. Would it be noticable ... yes, would you see it from 10 feet away ... prob not. Otherwise you'll need to do thru the task of sanding everything down, getting the decals out and then getting everything primed and painted. I resprayed all my fairings and also the tank and don't thing I'll ever do that again! Paid over $200 in paint supplies and countless hours sanding and prepping. The prep work was a breeze for me, its final paint that made me want to kill

i am horrible at painting.
i need some skill lessons.
seriously, i need to paint my tank but im afraid im going to $%^&*() it up.

The following users liked this post:
jklett (11-06-2021)
Old 10-09-2009, 09:24 AM

In all honesty, just get some automotive quality gloss black rattle can paint. Maybe 2-3 cans, just sample spray on a junk car or something with lines so you can see how hovering will cause runs as well as too much spray will. Let it dry and look it over again, you may pick up on some things and then go to town on the tank. Worst case it sucks and all you have to do is wipe the paint off with good quality mineral spirits after it's dry and you think it sucks. The stock paint will still be there unchanged, and then you can come at it with another attack ... or you could love the rattle can job and leave it be.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:18 PM

ill give it a run, see how it goes

Old 10-09-2009, 01:29 PM

my painting skills are good but with my fairings, i rattle canned then, wet sanded them and it came out good yet im not happy with them... i am a fairing guy and i need some color in my bike... i think im gonna do the hong kong kit soon

Old 10-10-2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
my painting skills are good but with my fairings, i rattle canned then, wet sanded them and it came out good yet im not happy with them... i am a fairing guy and i need some color in my bike... i think im gonna do the hong kong kit soon
just take some extra precaution when you buy them

a) it's going to take about a solid month to get to you
b) their tracking service doesn't work once it gets to the U.S
c) if something is wrong, its going to take a paypal lawsuit to get it returned because of the time delay and money for shipping
d) buy some extra heat tape or foam or w/e for the insides of the lower fairings, mine came with some, but not enough.
e) one of the fairings (lower right) actually touched my pipes, and I had to readjust them.
f) they are incredibly scratchable, so unless you plan to paint them, or pick an easy color (black), you will have to baby the pieces on.

those are just some random points I noticed so far.

it does look pretty. smells kinda weird.
kinda like my last girlfriend.

anyways, best of luck...
SHINETRUST or w/e the company is called only ships the 97/98 fairings...
(regardless of what the picture/link says)
so if you have a 95 96, you will need the taillight / mount for the tail fairings to work.

Last edited by spicymeowmix; 10-10-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: l;sekfm'
Old 10-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
just take some extra precaution when you buy them

a) it's going to take about a solid month to get to you
b) their tracking service doesn't work once it gets to the U.S
c) if something is wrong, its going to take a paypal lawsuit to get it returned because of the time delay and money for shipping
d) buy some extra heat tape or foam or w/e for the insides of the lower fairings, mine came with some, but not enough.
e) one of the fairings (lower right) actually touched my pipes, and I had to readjust them.
f) they are incredibly scratchable, so unless you plan to paint them, or pick an easy color (black), you will have to baby the pieces on.

those are just some random points I noticed so far.

it does look pretty. smells kinda weird.
kinda like my last girlfriend.

anyways, best of luck...
SHINETRUST or w/e the company is called only ships the 97/98 fairings...
(regardless of what the picture/link says)
so if you have a 95 96, you will need the taillight / mount for the tail fairings to work.
Couldnt of said it better myself, one other thing. Communication is bad due to the fact they dont speak english well. They paint the kits to order so you can have them change things a bit for you, i had actually asked for my 7 star kit to be all black with no silver and that translated to "less silver" :P This is the company i ordered from as well just for another option....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Gl with the painting spicy! I bought all the equipment a few years ago and tried twice and it didnt go well at all so i gave up! haha

Blake

Quick Reply: Honk Kong Fairings (LOTS OF PICTURES)