CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

got some trouble, no idea what it is though

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some trouble, no idea what it is though

the other day i got my bike out and rode it around for a min and noticed that when i got to about 6500-7000 rpm it felt like it didn't want to go any faster. didn't matter what gear i was in, and i had to give it full throttle for it to accel any faster. it still ran fine other than that, but i got it out today and it had a little trouble starting up. i finally got her to crank up and my muffler sounded completely different than normal (it was real high pitched, almost whine) then when i gave it gas it died on me. i started her back up with thechoke on and itidled at 1k rpm with choke??and every time i gave it gas it died on me. now it won't even start. when i try to, my lights go off and it makes a weird tick sound.i have no idea what the problem is. if anyone has any ideas on what might be causing pleasethis let me know.
thanks in advance for the help.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts
Default RE: got some trouble, no idea what it is though

Has the bike been sitting for any extended period of time (bad gas) ? How's the charge on the battery ? How many miles do you have on it ? Has it had any recent maintenance performed on it ?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:02 AM

well I didn't ride it for about a week bc we were moving, but i got it out 3 days ago and it ran. not too good though, thats when i noticed the trouble with the rpm and accel. the battery seems fine, when i turn my key to ON allmy electronics and lights work great. just when i crank itis when everything goes dim. my lights actually cut off while i try to crank it. no i haven't had a chance to take it to be serviced, but i bought the bike only 6 months ago and he said it had been serviced 3 months prior to me buyin it. it has 36k miles on it. could i service it myself? i'm not too sure how to do that.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:49 PM

mine had the same problem with the tick when i tried to start it all i did was clean the battery termals and all of the elctrical connections between the battery and the starter moter now it works good hope this helps

Old 12-31-2007, 01:41 PM

I would check a couple of things... definitely the battery and terminal connections as to the clicking. As for it starting it could be the carbs but if it was running really stong before sitting a few days they shouldn't have gummed up already...

Something makes me wonder tho...the part about the whining in the muffler. This may sound weird but I would have a quick peek for mouse nests. Likely you have scared the mice out but it could still be blocked up. Wouldn't be the first time a mouse has used an exhaust can to build a nest...

Dennis