CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Front Tire - 120/70/17 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish there was a thread posted for how-to change remove the front tire so you dont have to pay to bring the whole bike in the shop... I couldnt get the right positioning of jack stands by myself at midnight last night.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:32 AM

If you plan on changing your own tires, you should invest in a front stand, and to help you with later jobs, one that holds the bike up at the triple clamp.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:14 PM

dini what is up with your exhaust? that bizzare

Old 08-15-2009, 04:31 PM

you are going to have to take some time to get used to the way she will turn in a little more quickly but a little more quickly can mean alot more quicly at speed so my recomendation as a track mechanic is to go 3 clicks to the right on the front suspention at the bottom of the forks is where you are gonna want to do this that should be where your damping adjustments should be, then try it and see how you like it if it is good then turn your springs to the right one full turn this is at the top of fork tube this is going to stiffen up you spring a little bit and then see how that feels then after you put some miles on it you may want to stiffen up the rear to compensate for squat but first things first! if you are wanting to do some wera races you are going to have to some serious mods to the suspention if you want to be competitive!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toddmonster
you are going to have to take some time to get used to the way she will turn in a little more quickly but a little more quickly can mean alot more quicly at speed so my recomendation as a track mechanic is to go 3 clicks to the right on the front suspention at the bottom of the forks is where you are gonna want to do this that should be where your damping adjustments should be, then try it and see how you like it if it is good then turn your springs to the right one full turn this is at the top of fork tube this is going to stiffen up you spring a little bit and then see how that feels then after you put some miles on it you may want to stiffen up the rear to compensate for squat but first things first! if you are wanting to do some wera races you are going to have to some serious mods to the suspention if you want to be competitive!!!
So, you don't think I should drop the bike in the triple to return the ride height back to where it was?

I sent the forks and rear shock to Traxxion Dynamics and they installed the Axxion valving in the forks and race prepped everything. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Thanks for the input,
Josh