CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

f3 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

WOMBAT

(waste of money brains and time)

way too much work for the minimal gain you'll get.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres my two cents.. IF YOU want to turbo your 600 then do it.. 9 out of 10 people will hate on you or advise getting a different bike. but if thats what YOU want to do so that youre doing something original, you can afford it, and its a hobby.. then go for it and post the writeup. im sure youre not the only one with these thoughts and ideas bro.

at the end of the day, its going to be you in the garage with cold fingertips, a few beers, country music and a woman thats asking you to come to bed while youre doing the wrench time. do the research and if you feel the need.. do it.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 AM

[QUOTE=at the end of the day, its going to be you in the garage with cold fingertips, a few beers, country music and a woman thats asking you to come to bed while youre doing the wrench time.[/QUOTE]
sounds likes a good day!!!!

dont let these guys talk you out of this idea. most times the only way to create something completely bad *** is time and money. if you got even one of those things then i say do it. i have a borg werner kkk3 turbo that i am playing with the idea of putting on my 95 f3 that is getting street fightered, first i gotta finish the fighter project before i start a turbo project. here are some videos to get you excited about your project again

Honda CBR F3 Turbo EFI Microsquirt - YouTube

CBR 600 Turbo Dyno - YouTube

Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 AM

Why isn't his headlight on in the second video?

Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ultimeas
Why isn't his headlight on in the second video?
chances are, if its turbo'd, it also has a few other mods such as a headlight rewiring ive found in cbrf. it allows you to set the low beam setting to function as "headlight off" and the high beam setting as "headlight low or high".. hope that helps ulti

Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 PM

thanks for the confidence imma try and do it i will have a write up and pics to support i have a question from the first video it says that it is a EFI f3....im a lil confused how did he make it EFI??

Old 02-14-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by iceman_blazin
thanks for the confidence imma try and do it i will have a write up and pics to support i have a question from the first video it says that it is a EFI f3....im a lil confused how did he make it EFI??
although i am not sure, i would guess that he replaced the carbs with throttle bodies (probably spent months trying to find something that would work) using a port injection and then used the microsquirt engine management system to control injector function. make sure you do your research before you start, dont just dive in into, have a plan of attack

Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Acespad3
chances are, if its turbo'd, it also has a few other mods such as a headlight rewiring ive found in cbrf. it allows you to set the low beam setting to function as "headlight off" and the high beam setting as "headlight low or high".. hope that helps ulti
I'm pretty new to bikes, what would be the point of this? Less draw?

Back on topic, all I know is if I pulled up next to an f3, then it took off and I heard a spool.....pretty sweet actually.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:38 PM

yea i read up on the micro squirt the other night and if i am going to go into a fuel injected motor im just going to buy a new one for just the price of the brain of the micro squirt costs like $600 and that doesnt include the carbs or anything else yea forget that i will stay with carbs for right now

Old 02-14-2012, 06:08 PM

Yeah you could just as easily buy an F4i engine for the cost of the microsquirt injection system.. Stay on track

Quick Reply: f3 turbo